Removing cab on BX2350

/ Removing cab on BX2350 #1  

robbo323

Tractor
Kubota BX2350
Finally got the Curtis cab for my BX2350 just before the real snow fell this year. Now I want to get it off for summer. Tried taking off the doors and mowing w/the frame in place, but it hinders too much movement around/under trees, etc. Anyone else taken one of these off yet? I have a hoist in my barn. Just not sure where to start unbolting and what nightmares I may be walking myself into. Anyone's experience/input appreciated.

/ Removing cab on BX2350 #2  
I don't know anything about your situation but the Jodale Perry cab for my F2400 is held on to its mounts by four bolts. I have a hoist in my garage that I use to take the cab off in the spring and put it on in the fall. The front mounts aren't in the way of anything so I leave them on year round. The rear mounts use the same holes as the mounts for the ROPS so they have to be swapped at each change. It takes me about an hour to put it on or take it off. I doubt that yours is much different.

/ Removing cab on BX2350 #4  
Kubotafan- I had 2 previous tractors with unheated cabs I built and I found fogged windows and snow from the blower sticking to the rear window to be continuous problems. When I built the cab for my B7800, I installed a heater (it's located below the windshield on the left side) and an exhaust fan above the rear window on the right side. The exhaust fan is a small pancake fan from a computer (via Princess Auto :D ) that exhausts outside through a louver above the rear window. This system works well except if the weather is very humid (during a wet snowfall), when the rear window starts to fog where I am breathing on it. That's when I crack open a side window on the downwind side (mine are hinged at the top) and this always takes care of the fogging. I always put a wiper on the rear window.