Removing JD 540 loader Joystick mechanism to replace broken valve controllers

/ Removing JD 540 loader Joystick mechanism to replace broken valve controllers
mine was a different part but had two snap rings and nuts twisted opposite.

/ Removing JD 540 loader Joystick mechanism to replace broken valve controllers #22  
Thanks the advice!

From your pictures my unit looks the same as yours. Can't tell if the parts are for a 540 or what, since the loader is actually a BushHog 2445QT, but the CV assembly appears to be the same.

JS_Assembly.jpg

My question is, I know there is 1 snap ring on each piston, just behind the larger 19mm nut, which I removed with an awl. Is the other snap ring in the same location or a different one? Are 2 nuts the ones in the pictures?

Since you replaced the whole Joystick Assembly, where do you disconnect it? Is the same removal procedure required to remove the whole joystick assembly?

I appreciate your help!

/ Removing JD 540 loader Joystick mechanism to replace broken valve controllers #23  
The cables disconnect by holding the larger nut with a wrench and then back off the smaller nut with a second wrench.

/ Removing JD 540 loader Joystick mechanism to replace broken valve controllers
HarmonyFarm, jd110 is correct. Nuts spin off in opposite direction to each other. Then the whole black unit comes off for replacement