Removing Slow Moving Vehicle sign when trailering your tractor

/ Removing Slow Moving Vehicle sign when trailering your tractor #21  
Never even heard of this sign. Wonder if Tennessee even has them or if they arnt enforced around here

Are you talking about the orange/red triangle thing?
A Slow Moving Vehicle (SMV) emblem is readily identifiable with farm machinery. The design, use and applicability of the SMV emblem were established by the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers. The purpose of the SMV emblem is to communicate to people in other vehicles on the road that the vehicle displaying the SMV is only capable of speeds 25 miles per hour or less. Most farmers are familiar with the SMV emblems, which consist of a fluorescent, orange equilateral triangle with a red retro-reflective.

Tennessee law does not require the use of the SMV emblem on any tractor or implement except cotton trailers. Cotton trailers must be equipped with a SMV emblem on the rear or lower left corner on the back of the trailer along with a red light.

https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-55-motor-and-other-vehicles/tn-code-sect-55-9-401/

/ Removing Slow Moving Vehicle sign when trailering your tractor #22  
Saw one not removed. Kind of misleading.

Do you remove it?

Bruce
Never even considered removing mine while trailering it around.

I guess if I lived in a state that enforced such things (remove while trailering), I would consider it.

But here, heck you can be dragging your trailer behind you by it's chains, with the trailer on it's side, while it was on fire, and no leo would give you a second look.

Half the equipment I see running down the road on trailers either isn't chained down at all, or is tied off very haphazardly. Most seem to think that skid steers have this magical ability to never come loose from a trailer bed. Almost never see a skid steer chained down correctly.

TL;DR: Enforcement of such things like "slow moving signs" is extremely lax here.

/ Removing Slow Moving Vehicle sign when trailering your tractor #23  
I would not consider a vehicle, tractor, or any equipment being properly and legally hauled on a trailer to be held to the details for a SMV sign. Kind of like hauling a car with a smashed rear end and getting pulled over for having a light out. I would argue that one to the bitter end, lol.

/ Removing Slow Moving Vehicle sign when trailering your tractor #24  
I hadn't thought much about them.

If it bothers you, figure out how to cover it. Rag + tape? Garbage Bag + tape?

/ Removing Slow Moving Vehicle sign when trailering your tractor #25  
Who would even think of this and why? My triangle is where it was when I bought it and it will be there when someone sells it. Usually the signs cant be removed without tools.

/ Removing Slow Moving Vehicle sign when trailering your tractor #26  
Next time you trailer your tractor with the SMV sign you need to post another sign saying you are going faster than the SMV sign says you are. Now wrap your truck and trailer in CAUTION tape.

/ Removing Slow Moving Vehicle sign when trailering your tractor #27  
I don't even own a SMV sign. There is no reason I would want, or have to drive on the road around here.

/ Removing Slow Moving Vehicle sign when trailering your tractor #28  
I have 3 SMV signs hanging in my garage, But I saw 2 today one on a mailbox the other on a telephone pole..

/ Removing Slow Moving Vehicle sign when trailering your tractor #29  
Ironically saw a guy smash into a folded disc behind a truck on the interstate today. Truck was history.