Replacement Blade for JD 54" Front Blade

/ Replacement Blade for JD 54" Front Blade #11  
It is only a 72" blade and it is made specifically for the JD quick hitch. They show this thing mounted on some much smaller X series tractors.

Oops! Missed that, and was going by pic alone. Too sleepy, I guess.

But think you can do better building your own, or have some mods made to the one you have.

/ Replacement Blade for JD 54" Front Blade
Oops! Missed that, and was going by pic alone. Too sleepy, I guess.

But think you can do better building your own, or have some mods made to the one you have.

In a couple of years I might have the time to fabricate my own but right now I am spending every waking moment either working, fixing my old house or cleaning up my neglected property. I was hoping to find a reasonable prefab solution.

/ Replacement Blade for JD 54" Front Blade #13  
In a couple of years I might have the time to fabricate my own but right now I am spending every waking moment either working, fixing my old house or cleaning up my neglected property. I was hoping to find a reasonable prefab solution.
<---You could buy this baby now and adapt it to your tractor.

/ Replacement Blade for JD 54" Front Blade #15  
I was hoping that there might be a cheaper solution out there for a decent affordable replacement blade. Well I bit the bullet and ordered the Arthur Randall blade and got a free rubber edge throw into the deal. Unfortunately they are currently back ordered 7 weeks.

I was considering adapting or building my own, but I just have too many other pressing issue to deal with around my property and we are going to add several hundred feet of driveway next year for a detached garage so that 54 is going seem even smaller.

I will report back after I get a chance to use it.

/ Replacement Blade for JD 54" Front Blade #17  
I was hoping that there might be a cheaper solution out there for a decent affordable replacement blade. Well I bit the bullet and ordered the Arthur Randall blade and got a free rubber edge throw into the deal. Unfortunately they are currently back ordered 7 weeks.

I was considering adapting or building my own, but I just have too many other pressing issue to deal with around my property and we are going to add several hundred feet of driveway next year for a detached garage so that 54 is going seem even smaller.

I will report back after I get a chance to use it.
Well I don't know about the blade you bought but I will say you did the right thing. Adapting a blade IS ALWAYS more work than it appears. Good lookin out.

Well I don't know about the blade you bought but I will say you did the right thing. Adapting a blade IS ALWAYS more work than it appears. Good lookin out.

I have done some fabrication in in my day and it can become a black hole for time and money very quickly.

/ Replacement Blade for JD 54" Front Blade #19  
I have done some fabrication in in my day and it can become a black hole for time and money very quickly.
Yep, more cases than not.

/ Replacement Blade for JD 54" Front Blade #20  
I'm sure the AR corp has done their research. I too am looking at that blade. However fortunately I have an in-law that owns his own metal fab business. This spring I plan on taking him pics of that blade, taking my 54 blade to him and seeing if he can fab me something up in the $500 range. He then could sell them for $1000 and turn a profit.

I was thinking something along lines of 21" tall, keep it below the lights. also would help with overall weight. I too am just wanting width, but the more width, the more snow rolls and added height will help.

However also running a truck plow, if you go slower the snow rolls off the side, the added height is most advantageous with speed, which a tractor does not have a lot of, therefore, width is all that is needed to be added.