Replacement Blade for JD 54" Front Blade

/ Replacement Blade for JD 54" Front Blade #11  
It is only a 72" blade and it is made specifically for the JD quick hitch. They show this thing mounted on some much smaller X series tractors.

Oops! Missed that, and was going by pic alone. Too sleepy, I guess.

But think you can do better building your own, or have some mods made to the one you have.

/ Replacement Blade for JD 54" Front Blade
Oops! Missed that, and was going by pic alone. Too sleepy, I guess.

But think you can do better building your own, or have some mods made to the one you have.

In a couple of years I might have the time to fabricate my own but right now I am spending every waking moment either working, fixing my old house or cleaning up my neglected property. I was hoping to find a reasonable prefab solution.

/ Replacement Blade for JD 54" Front Blade #13  
In a couple of years I might have the time to fabricate my own but right now I am spending every waking moment either working, fixing my old house or cleaning up my neglected property. I was hoping to find a reasonable prefab solution.
<---You could buy this baby now and adapt it to your tractor.

/ Replacement Blade for JD 54" Front Blade #15  
I was hoping that there might be a cheaper solution out there for a decent affordable replacement blade. Well I bit the bullet and ordered the Arthur Randall blade and got a free rubber edge throw into the deal. Unfortunately they are currently back ordered 7 weeks.

I was considering adapting or building my own, but I just have too many other pressing issue to deal with around my property and we are going to add several hundred feet of driveway next year for a detached garage so that 54 is going seem even smaller.

I will report back after I get a chance to use it.

/ Replacement Blade for JD 54" Front Blade #17  
I was hoping that there might be a cheaper solution out there for a decent affordable replacement blade. Well I bit the bullet and ordered the Arthur Randall blade and got a free rubber edge throw into the deal. Unfortunately they are currently back ordered 7 weeks.

I was considering adapting or building my own, but I just have too many other pressing issue to deal with around my property and we are going to add several hundred feet of driveway next year for a detached garage so that 54 is going seem even smaller.

I will report back after I get a chance to use it.
Well I don't know about the blade you bought but I will say you did the right thing. Adapting a blade IS ALWAYS more work than it appears. Good lookin out.

Well I don't know about the blade you bought but I will say you did the right thing. Adapting a blade IS ALWAYS more work than it appears. Good lookin out.

I have done some fabrication in in my day and it can become a black hole for time and money very quickly.

/ Replacement Blade for JD 54" Front Blade #19  
I have done some fabrication in in my day and it can become a black hole for time and money very quickly.
Yep, more cases than not.

/ Replacement Blade for JD 54" Front Blade #20  
I'm sure the AR corp has done their research. I too am looking at that blade. However fortunately I have an in-law that owns his own metal fab business. This spring I plan on taking him pics of that blade, taking my 54 blade to him and seeing if he can fab me something up in the $500 range. He then could sell them for $1000 and turn a profit.

I was thinking something along lines of 21" tall, keep it below the lights. also would help with overall weight. I too am just wanting width, but the more width, the more snow rolls and added height will help.

However also running a truck plow, if you go slower the snow rolls off the side, the added height is most advantageous with speed, which a tractor does not have a lot of, therefore, width is all that is needed to be added.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Unused 2024 Miva VA13 Mini Excavator, (A33078)
Unused 2024 Miva...
2011 Sky Jack SJIII4632 Scissor Lift, (A33078)
2011 Sky Jack...
Mini Excavator Sickle Mower Att. (A33978)
Mini Excavator...
General Pump Surface Cleaner (A33548)
General Pump...
Bow Gate (A33041)
Bow Gate (A33041)
2006 Mack CT713 McNeilus 10.5CuYd Cement Mixer Truck (A32932)
2006 Mack CT713...