Replacing L6060 OEM lights with LEDs

/ Replacing L6060 OEM lights with LEDs #1  

Thereisagod

Tractor
Kubota
I have a '22 Kubota L6060 Grandcab. I tried brush hogging at night last week. I'd run out of daylight and figured 2 headlights & 2 worklights at top of cab would give me ample light to get the job done. Boy, was I wrong! My 72/yr. old eyes struggled to see much of anything and only my (not always so trustworthy LED) MAG flashlight saved the day, er - night. My problem with brush hogging is setting the cutter down at the perfect height so that I get a good uniform cut but without the side runners ploughing furrows into the soil. It's a delicate balance I'm still learning as I mow existing trails with several "mounds" at the sides and I find myself constantly using the 3 point handle, up then down to clear them, etc. I should probably just take some time one day and remove all the lumps with the FEL. What I'd really like to know though, have any members here swapped out the weak OEM lights for LEDs? I came across Tiger Lights, they have what looks like a perfect plug & play worklight replacement (TL3240) with 13 good reviews, but at $108/ea! That's almost $500 for front & back! Was wondering if anyone has an alternative but simple solution for less $. PS, I'm not electrically savvy.

/ Replacing L6060 OEM lights with LEDs #2  
I put (4) 55w cab mounted led spot / flood lights on my L4060, and they turn night into day. I bought them on Amazon for maybe $20 a piece 6 years ago and they have been very reliable.
Not quite plug and play, as I had to solder the connections and slightly bend the OEM bracket.
IMG_3796.jpg

/ Replacing L6060 OEM lights with LEDs
Very nice, and your machine looks pristine. I cannot find any alternator output info in the manual (L6060). Do you have any idea how many watts (draw) I can go up to at each corner x4? I'd like to replace the two fronts and add two at the rear as I have nothing there now. Night into day does sound fantastic after my recent experience.

/ Replacing L6060 OEM lights with LEDs #4  
Very nice, and your machine looks pristine. I cannot find any alternator output info in the manual (L6060). Do you have any idea how many watts (draw) I can go up to at each corner x4? I'd like to replace the two fronts and add two at the rear as I have nothing there now. Night into day does sound fantastic after my recent experience.

Thanks. The L60 series cabs all have a standard 60amp alternator, or an optional high output 90amp (?) alternator.
Mine is the standard 60amp, and I've had no issues with charging with the (4) 55w cab lights on. It does tax the alternator when I run all of the lights and the rear window defroster at the same time.

I also replaced all other incandescent bulbs with LEDs (except the corner lights that I never use) and trimmed 11 amps off the total load.
My numbers:
OEM lighting + (4) 55w cab lights = 34 amps
LED lighting + (4) 55w cab lights = 23 amps

IF 55w LEDs actually USE 55W, that would equate to about 4 amps (each). I have read that these watt numbers may indicate equivalent to incandescent watts and are generally lower in actual power consumption. I don't know if that's true, and I didn't bother trying to actually measure.

Last edited:
   / Replacing L6060 OEM lights with LEDs #5  
The Tiger TL3240 LED lights are a direct plug & play replacement for those woefully inadequate Kubota OEM work lights. Rather than fool around with changing mounting brackets & connectors, I bit the bullet and bought four TL3240's for my L6060HSTC. It took about 20 minutes to change all four. I got them on sale through Amazon for $79 each. That was back in 2020 though. I see the price has gone up considerably since then. To me anyway, it was worth every penny.

They throw 5 times the light using less than half the current of the OEM Halogen lights.

IMG_0931a.jpg
IMG_0932c.jpg

I do a lot of night plowing and the LED's make a huge difference:

IMG_1262a.jpg
IMG_1265a.jpg

I could easily have purchased cheaper lights and done the mods myself, but at this stage of life, my time is more valuable.

/ Replacing L6060 OEM lights with LEDs #6  
This is probably one of the most common modifications you'll see. You will find plenty of less expensive LED choices on Amazon and eBay. I did mine a few years ago. I think the fronts are roughly of the same wattage as the previous poster. With regard to current draw, LEDs always draw lower power than halogens for similar or greater
IMG_5920.JPG
IMG_5919.JPG
IMG_5921.JPG
lumens. I used aluminum C channel to fashion new bracket adapters(doesn't rust, easy to cut and drill). Otherwise,you just need to do some 12v wiring in order to put on new waterproof connectors.

Last edited:
   / Replacing L6060 OEM lights with LEDs #7  
I used aluminum C channel to fashion new brackets (doesn't rust, easy to cut and drill). Otherwise,you just need to do some 12v wiring in order to put on new waterproof connectors.
Bracket Adapters, nice

/ Replacing L6060 OEM lights with LEDs #8  
My light bars are overkill. To much effort to weld up heavier brackets & put in a new fuse panel with all the wiring. The time i do something similar some pods are going in with stock brackets & wiring.

20170317_191409.jpg

20171025_181520.jpg

20170317_193323.jpg

20170317_193312.jpg

/ Replacing L6060 OEM lights with LEDs #9  
plus one for the tl3240 tiger lights. got mine from larsen lights I did just the back because they are a little expensive at about 100$ but I regret it. I should have gotten all four because now the back is well lit but the front sucks.

totally plug and play. took longer to figure out how to get the OEM connector to unplug than to install the lights.

/ Replacing L6060 OEM lights with LEDs #10  
the OEM lights on the front do have a notch in the housing that allows light to come down in the footwells of the cab model and I don't think the tiger lights have that so it was one of the reasons I hesitated to do the fronts but really how often do you need to see where your feet are in the cab.