Replacing the GR

/ Replacing the GR #21  
Talked with the salesman this AM. His offer for the 2360 a front end loader and 54" deck for 8600.00 and my GR stands. If I go for the 2370, it goes up to amost 11K and the GR. He said the that Kuybota is offering incentives to the dealers to get rid of the 2360's. The 2370's are nice, but they are not an extra 2K nice.....in my opinion. Going in today at 4 to do the paper work for the 2360. : )

Yeeha! :cool2:

/ Replacing the GR
Signed, sealed, but not yet delivered. After all teh paperwork is done, they are giving me 6400.00 for the old GR. Not bad for an 8 year old machine that omnly cost 8K to begine with......it is to be delived on Monday. WoooHooooo!!

/ Replacing the GR #23  
Yessss!!

I'll say again that I think you got a really great deal. I'm sure you are going to be so happy with this upgrade. It will be so much more of a tractor for you.

Congrats, and looking forward to the new baby pictures. :)

/ Replacing the GR #24  
A little late jumping in and I probably would have taken the deal also, but just to let you know, a new BX2360 with 54" deck and front end loader (with ballast box) retails for $16,148 per Kubota's build my kubota web site. So, I don't think he was discounting the new BX2360 much at all, but was giving you an effective discount by overstating the trade-in value of your old GR. And by the way, we don't see pic's so it didn't happen (unless you posted them in another Kubota forum???)

/ Replacing the GR #25  
Some people buy one tractor for life and some people trade. Some people trade a lot.:D I know a guy that trades a lot.:) The cost of trading, according to those that trade a lot, isn't as bad as those that don't trade think. Get the right machine (Brand & Model), maintain it, get the right dealer and trading costs can very easily be figured as an annual cost or monthly cost for using a helpful machine. Just like a car or truck.
Congratulations on your getting out and making a deal vs talking about it and pondering all the what ifs for 2 to 3 years. When opportunity knocks you have to open the door unless your afraid. Your concern about your dealer not being smart enough to know his profit structure:eek: had me reading this thread and concerned you were to afraid to open the door to opportunity.:laughing: I do understand that when a deal sounds to good to be true itusually isn't but that isn't always the case.
You'll love the BX and often wish you'd traded sooner.:cool2: Go forth, never question the deal again and never listen to anyone that trys to get you to. It's done, finished and only pics is left to do and driving/working and enjoying your NEW KUBOTA TRACTOR!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

/ Replacing the GR
I am smart enough to relize that when you're talking to a dealer and throwing figures back and forth, I am NOT going to beat him at his own game. One thing I know for a fact is that he is going to make money and I do not begrudge him that. I do not at all mind helping to send his kids to college....but I don't want to be the only one sending them! That said, I know what I paid for the GR when I bought it in 2005 and I know how trouble prone it's been. If you look at the figures, I gave him 8600.00 and he gave me 6363.00 for the GR That comes to 14963.00 So between the discounted price (regarless of weather the dealer giave it to me or Kubota gave the dealer incentives (which I think is the case), I got a good enough deal to make me pull the trigger....without much hisitation I might add. Additionally, don't forget that the machine (GR) was in their shop to have oil leaks repaired and I was never charged for that. I had a friend call today to see what they were asking for the GR and he was told 5900.00 That doesnt make alot of sense to me as I Would think they would at least want to get what they've got in it back out. I will be ther FIRST one to say that I do not understand the in's and outs of retail vechical sales/trades etc. However, in MY mind at least, I was treated at the very LEAST, fairly and I am extreamly happy with my new toy...errrr...tool. So far, it's everything I thought it would be!!! : ) Cheers! : )

/ Replacing the GR #27  
I had a friend call today to see what they were asking for the GR and he was told 5900.00 That doesnt make alot of sense to me as I Would think they would at least want to get what they've got in it back out.
If they had another $500-$1000 in dealer incentives that they used to raise your "trade-in offer" (thereby lowering your sales tax bill) they could still be making money.

Aaron Z

/ Replacing the GR
Oh.....I am ABSOLUTLY SURE they are making money.....thats a given : )

/ Replacing the GR #29  
For all that don't know how you structure a deal with a trade-in,I'll fill you in.First,you have to know what you have in the equipment you're selling.In this instance let's say you have an inventory figure of 13,500 and the manufacture is giving you 1000 when it's sold.So,you're working from 12,000.Now, with the trade-in,you determine how much money you want in it,ie ready to sell.In this case let's say it's going to need 500 in repairs and we'll peg the value at 4500 ready to sell,so the actual cash value is set at 4000. So,12,000 less 4000 gives us our breakpoint of 8000.Now you add whatever profit to that and present that to the customer,in this case we add 600,so the trade quote is 8600 difference and the retail trade allowance is 6363(14,963-8600).

And,of course,from whatever profit margin you make on any deal,there's lots and lots of expenses to consider.

/ Replacing the GR #30  
However, in MY mind at least, I was treated at the very LEAST, fairly and I am extreamly happy with my new toy...errrr...tool. So far, it's everything I thought it would be!!! : ) Cheers! : )

The deals done. It now doesn't matter. Enjoy the tractor and forget about the deal. :thumbsup: