Dealer Reputable Dealer

/ Reputable Dealer #11  
It may be worth a visit.

/ Reputable Dealer #12  
Just because they are Not UTDA does not mean they are a VN Recon dealer.I have a couple local that is not a VN.and is not UTDA that sells units some with ROP"S and without. The word of mouth or buyer research is best. And the VN. Recon or non UTDA can by Parts just like any other dealer in the US. to refurbish. Can you buy a old 8N or Massey, JD,Yanmar from a dealer without ROP's Yes!! So IMO back to word of mouth and Reputation of a dealer.

Carey

/ Reputable Dealer #13  
Cary i did not mean that steve would not send the part. I am sometimes rambling and forget my punctuation so its hard to read and follow my point. I was simply saying if OP is not mechanically inclined, and cant say replace a starter or trouble shoot a charging problem etc this would require him to either take it back to steve, or a local mecanic and have him do it. The later senario or if hes able to do it himself i have no doubt that steve will gladly ship the part to repair anyprom with a tractor he sells. Was not downtalking steve or his business, just pointing out for a warenty specific repair shop (ie Steves yanmar business) there is a point on which you have to weigh your travel distance. If a guy is fine driving to ATL from VA. to get a tractor from steve knowing that barring a catastrophic failure he wont probly make it back to steves, travel time and cost are not worth it, but yes he can get steve to send him parts to fix anything that may go out that is covered under a warrenty.
Look at it this way your this guy (have no idea of his ability at this point) he buys one of steves tractors 6 months battery wont stay charged and the battery is fine, charing problem with tractor. And say he cant get on here and figure it out with our help cause he has no idea what a multi meter are etc and wont learn. His choice is to take it to steve 5 hours away and burn $75 in fuel each way and 10 hours time. When he gets there im sure steve will fix it as he waits, but he has a 10 hour round trip and forks out $150. Or he can take it to his handy shadetree mecanic that he uses for his car maintence and is good with this stuff, that guy offers to look at it for $80 and replace it with steves warrenty part for that amount. The latter situation makes more sense, so the only savings by doing this is the cost of the part, weather it be voltage reg or the alt or just maybe cleaning connections? I was saying try and find a local good used one and take the cost savings and put it toward parts.

But this is all probly pointless except the tral part cause what kind of guy wants to buy a 35 yr old tractor with out even basic knowlege of how it works or can fis most things.

-nate

/ Reputable Dealer #14  
i think he may be better buying used, at 100 miles that warenty is almost useless except for a major repair (well steve will ship the parts you need if one goes bad, say starter etc).

-nate

Do not know about a starter but there was no hesitation about shipping an injector pump.

/ Reputable Dealer
Hi Guys ...I spoke to Steve and he has 2 tractors with a FEL ...a 2200 2wd and a 1700D 4wd (smaller is better for me) either one for $6900. Now i would have to add shipping so it adds up real quick. I spoke to Stomer Tractor and he is getting out of the tractor business and selling parts because of all the problems he has had with the Vietnamese rebuilds.... now I am even more confused.

/ Reputable Dealer #16  
I'm having a tough time finding a Yanmar dealer close to me. I am in southwest Mississippi. I found a great price on a YM2000 with FEL/ROPS/24hp=$5900 outside of Houston, but that is an 8-hour drive! Any dealers closer to me?

/ Reputable Dealer #17  
That has no Reasoning to what so ever. If he is Buying and Selling A Reconditioned Tractor brand with continuous probems with Workmanship and the Product. And is a Parts Dealer also and cannot offer a respectable product then IMO he needs to find a another buisness to get into period.:confused:

Carey

/ Reputable Dealer #19  
I live near Charlotte NC (or 100 miles) and wanted to know if any of you knew of a reputable dealer around this area. I am looking for a Yanmar either a 1500 or 2000 with a loader. Thanks for the help.

LeLand NC, Visit: Home Page they seem to have all the safety features w/1yr warranty

The day of the good deals seem to be long gone, dealer pricing is rivaling US brands (green and orange) and with the financing deals available your better off buying NEW with 3 yr warranty...

Now if you are set on a Yanmar then finding a good used tractor from a individual is the only way to get a DEAL these days, IMO.

/ Reputable Dealer #20  
I'm having a tough time finding a Yanmar dealer close to me. I am in southwest Mississippi. I found a great price on a YM2000 with FEL/ROPS/24hp=$5900 outside of Houston, but that is an 8-hour drive! Any dealers closer to me?

I know it is uphill and may be just as far but check out Fredricks in Ala. That is where Steve gets/got mine from and afer the fact I learned it had new pistons and sleeves put in during the rebuild and it was a low hour machine to begin with. Got to spend some time hanging around their shop and those folks do not want anything coming back because of something they did not do/fix correctly. I hope I said that right, they take their mistakes personally and are quick to make things right.