Residential Landscaping Pricing

/ Residential Landscaping Pricing
JimBinMI, I think you may be experiencing the crossing of the line between jest and joust. All of us "regulars" have posted remarks that were either taken the wrong way or were perhaps "over the line" when we were in the thick of a battle of wit or words. I know I'm prone to it. (I did it to PaulB one time that I remember and felt like a personal apology was in order, but he responded with the resilience and good humor we've come to admire him for.)

It's also very difficult to know the exact inflection of someone's post in writing, even with all the "faces".

But don't resort to spending less time here - just spend less time reading one person's posts, if you feel they're "over the line".

BTW, Wen was saying that my 2,000 lb. Bradco 609 backhoe wouldn't fit a 19.5 hp backhoe, not any backhoe. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark

/ Residential Landscaping Pricing #42  
Howdy all, I am the 2nd year in my construction/excavating biz....as a 2nd job until I get busy enuf to quit the desk job.

I use a cub 7275 with a loader and hoe and have done chores from septic beds to stream dredges to building demos...locally in NW PA, the going rates are about 45-50 per hour for a larger case 580/ford 555 to come along...

I get from $20 per (bush hog mowing) to 35 per (septic in a rocky area or stumps) - I prolly could get more, but right now I am trying to get face time as you know the biz tends to be name recognition driven.

I base my rates on how hard the machine works and what implements I have to use. Last weekend I dredged a stream for 25 per cause a) it was a friend and b) I was digging soft mud.....not too hard on the equipment. Its a rural area, not too sue happy, lots of gas lines (call b4 u dig) and the last question I always ask b4 I leave is 'are you happy with your (ditch, sewer, stream, dirt pile etc etc)'?

I read something interesting here, the hour meters are not linear? That I did not know, cause unless I am mowing, I run a few hundred rpm under 540 speed (about 2300rpm) using the 'throttle back, gear down' rule for equipment life enhancement.

If you want something done faster, increase the voltage. But dont lick the black wire.

/ Residential Landscaping Pricing #43  
I agree with Mark's reply on this Jim and without you we would have no one who would keep us orange trolls inline./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
OK?
Gordon

/ Residential Landscaping Pricing #44  
gordon,

O.K.! It's a tuff job...but who better than a NH owner to do it! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Residential Landscaping Pricing #45  
It's a tough job but someone has to do it!!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
9wks of tractor playtime hooooorrrraaaayyy, but you sure deserve it after the heck you deal with on the average work day---- the way kids act in school today.
Gordon

/ Residential Landscaping Pricing #46  
It's a tough job but someone has to do it!!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
9wks of tractor playtime hooooorrrraaaayyy, but you sure deserve it after the heck you deal with on the average work day---- the way kids act in school today. Oh I almost forgot don't work to hard on the tractor this summer.
Gordon

/ Residential Landscaping Pricing #47  
Yea,Gorden around here in MD u cant touch a job without a mill dollar policy,so the dude that is complaining about 250k coverage is my hero,i wish i could be him,lol