RhinoHide Sunshade experience, anyone?

/ RhinoHide Sunshade experience, anyone? #11  
Pics, JOHNTHOMAS! You know better than to tease us. :D

/ RhinoHide Sunshade experience, anyone?
Pics, JOHNTHOMAS! You know better than to tease us. :D

:D:D Wasn't sure anyone would be interested. Was waiting for your request and will take some today and post.

/ RhinoHide Sunshade experience, anyone? #13  
:D:D Wasn't sure anyone would be interested. Was waiting for your request and will take some today and post.

Count me in as curious. I am in full head protection when on particular pieces of equipment, but still suffer from arms and back of neck getting toasted.

Now to see if it's a able to download pics on TBN day.
DSCF3334.JPGDSCF3333.JPGDSCF3335.JPGDSCF3332.JPGDSCF3331.JPGDSCF3330.JPGDSCF3334.JPGDSCF3333.JPGDSCF3335.JPGDSCF3332.JPGDSCF3331.JPGDSCF3330.JPGDSCF3325.JPGDSCF3326.JPGDSCF3327.JPGDSCF3328.JPGDSCF3329.JPGDSCF3324.JPG

/ RhinoHide Sunshade experience, anyone? #15  
Interesting John, thanks! Does the FEL still cooperate? And how is the vibration?

Interesting John, thanks! Does the FEL still cooperate? And how is the vibration?

No affect to FEL. The black pieces are a piece of rubber I cut to give grip to PVC against metal which separates the hard PVC from the hard metal so no vibration or sound. It's even strong enough to grab the PVC with left hand to assist in mounting the tractor with little to no give. I didn't cut the ends off the zip ties so I could pull them tighter if there was any give or movement after a couple months use. I used screws instead of glue on the PVC to also be able to take it apart and do any modifications if needed. I wrapped about two or three turns of the ends/edges of the tarp around a four slats removed from a 2" window blind that was to long for my window. That tightened the tarp and gave something to screw thru into the PVC to keep the tarp from just tearing thru the screw holes. Could use a strip of wood or anything with a bit of strength to hold tarp edges.

/ RhinoHide Sunshade experience, anyone? #17  
That's ingenious. And priced right. Good job!!

That's ingenious. And priced right. Good job!!

Thanks. It wasn't/isn't my first attempt with the PVC/Tarp cover. I built one a few years ago without front "pipes" on a F2680e. I also used some old yard sale (from Florence, SC) canvas blinds instead of the tarp. I also didn't screw the first one together and didn't have anything separating the PVC from the metal roll bar and used stainless steel U bolts to clamp it to the roll bar. And it was UGLY but did the job. Went more "refined" this time.:D:cool2:

/ RhinoHide Sunshade experience, anyone? #19  
I admire your ingenuity, plus almost making something from nothing. To be objective however, I have seen a lot of angle iron frames u-bolted to ROPS with some hunk of diamond plate bolted on top. Many of them. I'd rather have one of those myself (unless I sprung for a commercial fiberglass version, which I did.)

I admire your ingenuity, plus almost making something from nothing. To be objective however, I have seen a lot of angle iron frames u-bolted to ROPS with some hunk of diamond plate bolted on top. Many of them. I'd rather have one of those myself (unless I sprung for a commercial fiberglass version, which I did.)

Glad to hear that you would prefer something different than me but haven't made one yet yourself but would. I to have the $400 fiberglas sunshades on my mowers which I usually don't take into the woods but sometimes do mow the trail. Course the front edge of my fiberglas one is broken all over the front edge and I'm going to have to reinforce the edge. Having tunnel vision causes me some issues with running into tree limbs which are in front of me and but just out of my upper visual field. I have tree limbs smacking me in the face and head often where they catch on the fiberglas sunshade and ROPS so now that I bought the 25 acres wooded mountain top and a bigger heavier stronger tractor to do the woods work also I wanted a top I can lift off by myself easily by pulling the 4 D rings and that weighs less than 5 lbs but is strong enough to withstand the smaller tree limbs and me pulling myself up on the tractor using the pipe.
Anyway, go forth and spend the money for the heavier stuff. My need is for less weight and easy self removal and that has been met. I was seeking buying one but none was available that met my primary needs, light weight, easy removal. Necessity is the mother of invention per some old quotes which I now believe is true.