RhinoHide Sunshade experience, anyone?

/ RhinoHide Sunshade experience, anyone? #21  
Hi John , I would like to copy your design , I hate to spend money on something that is expensive and easy do damage with tree limbs , I also have tunnel vision LOL . I have a Costco sunshade with the corners ripped off from the darn TX high winds , it will be a perfect tarp for this project , Thank you for posting pictures.

/ RhinoHide Sunshade experience, anyone?
Hi John , I would like to copy your design , I hate to spend money on something that is expensive and easy do damage with tree limbs , I also have tunnel vision LOL . I have a Costco sunshade with the corners ripped off from the darn TX high winds , it will be a perfect tarp for this project , Thank you for posting pictures.

Thanks for liking it and not telling me how you like another one better that's 20 times to 100 time heavier and 5 times more expensive. :D:cool2: I used 1 1/4 pvc and 2" for uprights but one could use 1 1/2" as well with the 2" uprights if one is so inclined. Used the 24" black UV guard zip ties from Amazon.

/ RhinoHide Sunshade experience, anyone? #23  
Thanks for the tips , I didn't know there were such a thing as zip ties that could resist UV's , Thank you .

/ RhinoHide Sunshade experience, anyone? #25  
Thinking about making my own as well.... looking at the ROPS yesterday, I'm going for a super simple design to use with the ROPS folded, will just insert into the open bottom section. Thinking PVC w/canvas cover....light & simple, pop on, pop off.

Now I just need the time to actually build it.....

Thinking about making my own as well.... looking at the ROPS yesterday, I'm going for a super simple design to use with the ROPS folded, will just insert into the open bottom section.May be sitting on top of your head, just something to consider which is why I placed mine where I did so it's de high enough to be above my head and not on it. Thinking PVC w/canvas cover....light & simple, pop on, pop off.

Now I just need the time to actually build it.....

This was my second one so took about an hour total in a couple three different sessions waiting on screws and one connector and zip ties.

/ RhinoHide Sunshade experience, anyone? #27  
This was my second one so took about an hour total in a couple three different sessions waiting on screws and one connector and zip ties.

My thought is to use PVC pipe "risers" to gain the proper height. These risers would simply slide into the open down-folded upper ROPS. They would lead up to the framed section that I would attach the canvas to. So, some PVC pipe, a couple 45's, and 4 - 90's should put me in business.

My thought is to use PVC pipe "risers" to gain the proper height. These risers would simply slide into the open down-folded upper ROPS. They would lead up to the framed section that I would attach the canvas to. So, some PVC pipe, a couple 45's, and 4 - 90's should put me in business.

My first one was two PVC pipes up to the T fittings, then the 4X90s and 4 lengths of PVC with canvas blinds fastened with I think one of the top pipes going thru the sewed end of the blind and maybe zip ties thru the other end.. I fastened the two up pipes with 4 stainless steel U bolts, 2 around each side pipe and the ROPS. It bounced a lot without the two front pipes for additional support but it shaded my F2680e for a few summers. It also shifted when I would run into a guy wire on the telephone pole or a tree limb but I'd just push it back into place by hand while still mowing. It was cheap, took just a few minutes and a small amount of materials to make and worked. The gripper material for tool box drawers, drawer liners, etc is a cheap easy way to isolate the hard PVC from the hard metal ROPS with a few wrap arounds of either the pipe or the ROPS. Go forth and build!:cool2::drink:

/ RhinoHide Sunshade experience, anyone? #29  
America at it's finest.....Great idea, cool design......

America at it's finest.....Great idea, cool design......

I'm an American Patriot, Veteran and my 5'x8' American flag is flying today as always.:thumbsup: Plus I'm a bit cheap when it comes to what I think is over paying. :D:cool2: