Right Angle Gearbox

/ Right Angle Gearbox #1  

ruvabey

I'm looking for a right angle gearbox with a 1:3 ratio or so. The input needs to be 1 3/8" x 6 spline and the output 7/8" dia. with a 3/8" straight key.
Does anyone know where I can find one, or if anything like that actually exist?
Thanks!

/ Right Angle Gearbox #2  
Try Bayside right angle gearbox.

/ Right Angle Gearbox #3  
Welcome.

That sounds close to a gearbox from a mid mount or front mount mower. They are not 6 spline but you can get adaptors.

/ Right Angle Gearbox #4  
Surplus Center

/ Right Angle Gearbox
Ok thanks for the info everyone!
I'm building a small mower to be pulled behind a tractor to mow a single 30" row down to about 4" tall. I took a push lawn mower and mounted it onto some forks for the 3 point hitch. That worked well, but we are going through the motor fast because of the extreme operating conditions, those little mowers aren't made to handle the thick vegetation and tons of dust i guess. Plus we have to stop every 20 mins to fill the thing back up with gas. I thought if i could find a right angled gearbox, that doesn't reduce the rpms, I could just turn the blade with that. I'm having trouble finding one though, all I can find is a 1:1 ratio gearbox. Does anyone have any other ideas that might work? Thanks

/ Right Angle Gearbox #6  
I get my gear boxes from the scrap yars lots of old bush hogs go there wit minor thngs like bad decks. Im curious about the narrow swath your cutting. Is it for a path?

/ Right Angle Gearbox
We grown iris and need to trim them down before we dig them. We've found that the lawn mower blade makes the cleanest cut, and works the best when we cut one row at a time. Anything more seems to shred the leafs. I'll be checking out the local scrap yard thanks.

/ Right Angle Gearbox #9  
We grown iris and need to trim them down before we dig them. We've found that the lawn mower blade makes the cleanest cut, and works the best when we cut one row at a time. Anything more seems to shred the leafs. I'll be checking out the local scrap yard thanks.

Have you tried a sickle bar? They leave a very nice, clean cut.

/ Right Angle Gearbox
Yes we have tried one. It was by far the cleanest cut of anything we've tried. It didn't work though because the leafs grow in all directions and the sickle bar was only able to cut when they lined up in the right direction. Very nice cut though.