RimGuard - Yes or No?

/ RimGuard - Yes or No? #11  
<font color="blue"> </font>

(Didn'tfeel the need to break down tire and ad a tube like would be nessasary with calcium) <font color="black"> </font> the truth is you do not have to add a tube,this has been done for many years with tubeless tires and not adding tubes.thats a fact. and is still done today. calcium mix with water in 55 gal. drum and pumped in tire, so lets end the tube myth.

/ RimGuard - Yes or No? #12  
Rim Guard was $175 installed in R4's on a Kubota B2710 (12.4-16 tires). Dealer was Chappell in Milford NH.

/ RimGuard - Yes or No? #13  
If you're getting a fel get your tires loaded. Mine cost $100 for CaCl, (17.5L 24's). Personally I'd avoid windshield washer fluid and antifreeze. Both of these are environmental disasters if you have a catastrophic leak.

/ RimGuard - Yes or No? #14  
<font color="blue">Personally I'd avoid windshield washer fluid and antifreeze. Both of these are environmental disasters if you have a catastrophic leak. </font>
So is CaCl. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Ever try getting something to grow where CaCl has spilled? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ RimGuard - Yes or No? #15  
<font color="blue"> Personally I'd avoid windshield washer fluid and antifreeze. Both of these are environmental disasters if you have a catastrophic leak. </font>

Antifreeze can be pretty bad, but WW Fluid an environmental disaster? Could be, but there sure is a lot of the stuff purposely sprayed all across the country, and within every major city and small town...

So what actually is the environmental issue with WW fluid if one would spill it? I just assumed that the it would not be anywhere near the problem that many gallons of anitfreeze would be.

/ RimGuard - Yes or No? #16  
Cacl can't be too too bad, here in N.H. we mix 90% cacl into reclaimed road at 1 gal per sq. yd before re paving. i cant imagine epa or the state to alow this if it were enviomental hasard. but you beter not dump antifreeze. washer fliud ithink would have the least impact. i agree you cant grow grass on cacl spill but you couldn't grow it on a salt spill either and salt is natural. a hevey dose of anything will change soil PH and know it or not the average for any veg. is 6.5 on PH scale,average some more acid some more alkiline. somwere i remember reeding to add a little cacl to a certain plant

/ RimGuard - Yes or No? #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Cacl can't be too too bad, here in N.H. we mix 90% cacl into reclaimed road at 1 gal per sq. yd before re paving. )</font>

What is the purpose of doing this??.... Please define or explain what "reclaimed road" is. I am not certain that I know exactly what you are referring to.... thanks...

/ RimGuard - Yes or No? #18  
I'm not sure how big your tires are, but I payed $150 to fill my rear tires with RimGuard. I have 13.6x16 turf tires.

/ RimGuard - Yes or No? #19  
Rim guard is also heavier than calcium filled tires 1 gallon of ballast star which is what we use. [same product] is 10.3 pounds per gallon.

/ RimGuard - Yes or No? #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What is the purpose of doing this??.... )</font>

Probably to keep the dust down or to melt ice. They use sodium chloride, calcium chloride, and magnesium chloride to melt ice here. Same stuff you find in the fancy ice melting packages that work below zero degrees.

WW fluid spill wouldn't be bad, it's just alcohol/water mix. The alcohol evaporates very fast.