RimGuard - Yes or No?

/ RimGuard - Yes or No? #31  
I have been running antifreeze in the back tires of our loader since we got it in '88. In that time I have had tubes replaced or repaired 5 times and in all those times I may have lost a cup or 2 from leaks, an overheated radiator would spill more antifreeze. Of course if you are running tubeless a nice sidewall slice could be a problem but it's pretty hard to have a catastrophic failure with a tube tire. I would never run straight water just due to it freezing in my climate. And straight water in a tubeless is just begging for corrosion.

/ RimGuard - Yes or No? #32  
I filled my tires with RimGuard myself... Cost $3.00 per gallon. My Mahindra took 35 gallons per tire, for a total of 70 gallons and $210.00, which is exactly what the local co/op quoted me to have them loaded with CaCl. So, I figured for the same money, and a little elbow grease, I'd do it myself with the good stuff.

The RimGuard website lists the product weighing between 10.7 and 11 lbs per gallon, which is about the same or maybe just a bit heavier than CaCl. If you go in the middle of that range and say it weighs 10.85 lbs/gallon, that gave me 759.5 lbs of ballast. $210/759.5= $0.276 per pound... that's pretty cheap ballast. You'd be hard pressed to find iron weights that cheap to hang on your tractor.

Rim Guard - Liquid Tire Ballast

/ RimGuard - Yes or No? #33  
I used my tractor since 1999 without loaded tires, then when I brought it in for the 800 hr service, I loaded them with rimguard for about $200. Now I kick myself for not doing it when I bought the tractor. The increased stability when doing loader work or on slopes is like having the tires glued to the ground. VERY big difference. Also superior to metal weights as far as performance because the weight is lower which lowers your center of gravity. I would not use calcium choride because the weights about the same but the ca cl is corrosive and you SHOULD use tubes. Just no reason to use it when rimguard is available. This should be a hands down decision - get er done!

/ RimGuard - Yes or No? #34  
Where can I find Rim Guard in Central PA (Annville, near Harrisburg).

I tried the following with no luck:
Messicks (E-town)
Keller Bros. Kubota (Myerstown)
BHM (Kiota Dealer)
Bamberger's (in Lebenon)
TSC
Several tire dealers that deal with ag tires.

/ RimGuard - Yes or No? #35  
Best thing to do is call the number on the RimGuard website, and they will locate the dealer closest to you. That's how I had to do it, there aren't many dealers at all in my area.

/ RimGuard - Yes or No? #36  
I did just that. Here is what I got:

Martin's Tire and Allignment, in Narvon, PA, about 55 miles from me.
717-445-4993

Not yet a dealer, but is going to be, and currently buys from the above, and is only 25 miles from me:
Richland,pa
Lebenon Valley Implement Co.
717-866-7518
ask for Marlin