RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.)

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #71  
Re: I am at the end of my road.

The words of another human being are inadequate for situations in which only God is able to carry us through. I join with the others here in praying for you.

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.)

Here is the bottom line,

I was at Sloan today to speak with the docs overseeing my case. As it stands now they gave me 4 months to live, I was figuring on a year. There is another chemo drug to try that is 40% effective given every 8 days, if it works at all, if not that is the end. I know how badly my mother suffered with Colon cancer, I would go to a right to die state like Origen and end it all.

For a while I was in Catholic school where I learned to read, I could never get into the magic smoke, wine, olive oil and bread or any of the mumbo jumbo, I was always in trouble with the nuns for not going to Sunday mass with my class. Happy day when I got back to public school.

If it makes YOU feel better you may pray for me.

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #73  

Here is the bottom line,

I was at Sloan today to speak with the docs overseeing my case. As it stands now they gave me 4 months to live, I was figuring on a year. There is another chemo drug to try that is 40% effective given every 8 days, if it works at all, if not that is the end. I know how badly my mother suffered with Colon cancer, I would go to a right to die state like Origen and end it all.
Don't give up doctors aren't always right.

For a while I was in Catholic school where I learned to read, I could never get into the magic smoke, wine, olive oil and bread or any of the mumbo jumbo, I was always in trouble with the nuns for not going to Sunday mass with my class. Happy day when I got back to public school.

I debated if I should bring this up or not. I through my life have questioned faith. Too many times I have seen things that I just don't get, or experienced things that usually bring me back to a belief in a higher power, or something more anyway. The most powerfull was when my grandmother died. She was in the hospital for the last time, congestive heart failure. This was on a Sunday, she had not been "with it" for about a day and a half. The doctor gave her about 2 weeks, said her body was still strong enough to make it that long. My sisters and I were discussing a birthday party for one of her kids coming up. My Grandma who was really out of it, hadn't said anything that made sense for at least a day and a half. She spoke up and said very clear, "don't plan anything for me after Wed morning". My sister asked her why? Her reply was again very clear. "Grandpa (who had been dead for 19 years) was coming to get her Wed afternoon and she wouldn't be coming back". She passed that Wed. at about 1:50 PM, I got the call at 2:00 PM. At no time on this last trip to the hospital was she made aware she was going to die. She went in and medication wasn't working and she just went to sleep. Other than that statement, she never was awake after the 1st few days in the hospital. The doctor had told us in his office about the fact she wasn't going to pull through and we decided not to tell her if she did wake up.

Maybe it was a coincidence, it is very possible. For her to make statement that called out her own time of death. Given a 2 week window, and to narrow it down to afternoon and it was the 1st statment she had made in a day or so that anyone could understand. It does make one wonder, or at least it does me.

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #74  
Transit said:

Transit- That line just cheered me up and made me smile.

I have been watching this thread and couldn't find the right words to post. I love the irony of you saying something that makes me feel better.

Humor and kindness are always the best medicine. Thank you.

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #75  

That's fair. :thumbsup: It does, and I will.

I'd also feel better if you started drinking the smoothy I suggested. I hate to put you to work, but please jump on that. It's my last request of you, and I think you owe me that much.

(I don't think you owe me a darn thing, but I am new to the guilt trip game, and I want you to try that darn stuff, so I am willing to make up a false debt for you to repay. Once it saves you, you will have a REAL debt, and I plan on collecting, so don't try to squirm out of it. ) :)

Last edited:
   / RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.)

I am being setup for Gemcitabine [jem-CY-ta-bean], that should start this week, a treatment every 8 days for about an hour, 40% effective. If it works great, if not nothing more can be done.

Who ever is sending me side bar messages stop, I can not get to them to open them.

EE Bota, I am working with a antigenious diet of which your drink is a part of, we are on the same page.

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #77  

I am being setup for Gemcitabine [jem-CY-ta-bean], that should start this week, a treatment every 8 days for about an hour, 40% effective. If it works great, if not nothing more can be done.

Who ever is sending me side bar messages stop, I can not get to them to open them.

EE Bota, I am working with a antigenious diet of which your drink is a part of, we are on the same page.

Good luck, hopefully it helps you.

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #78  

Here is the bottom line,

God Bless you Transit...

" John 14 ~ " I Am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life

1鏑et not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God;a believe also in me. 2In my Father痴 house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?b 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. 4And you know the way to where I am going.把 5Thomas said to him, 鏑ord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way? 6Jesus said to him, 的 am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you had known me, you would have known my Father also.d From now on you do know him and have seen him. "

John 14 ESV

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #79  

...Who ever is sending me side bar messages stop, I can not get to them to open them...
If you are talking about "Private Messages", if you want to view them, click on "My Home" near the top line, you might see a pop up message about them but it seems you have them blocked, but anyway, to view them, look on the Left side you should see about halfway down, "Private Messages", click on "List Messages" and you should be able to view them.

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #80  

I'll be thinking about you man...give it ****.