Road Boss Road Grader

/ Road Boss Road Grader #11  
I've used an implement called a "Grademaster". It looks different than the grader pictured, but I think it does the same thing. My neighbor has one which I've borrowed. It works great. I think it sells around $1000.

Here's a link to info:
Grademaster Blade Tractor 3 Point Hitch Scraper

/ Road Boss Road Grader
thunderworks said:
I've used an implement called a "Grademaster". It looks different than the grader pictured, but I think it does the same thing. My neighbor has one which I've borrowed. It works great. I think it sells around $1000.

Here's a link to info:
Grademaster Blade Tractor 3 Point Hitch Scraper

different
the grademaster (from what I can see on their website) has two straight blades
the road boss, has two angled pieces (to create a better crown) and the front one has fingers and the rear one is straight

the grademaster would work better on tilled soil (and it would work way better than a box blade)

/ Road Boss Road Grader #13  
Here's a thread from way back when.

Just wanted to post up and say I ordered a 7' Cat 1 Road Boss grader today.

The owner brought a couple units up from Texas today to try. I demoed their 8' Cat 2 grader on a slightly wet roadbed. It did a really nice job, but it about pulled the stuffings out of my poor tractor. Plus, it didn't match up to my Cat 1 quick hitch. Hence the 7' Cat 1 order.

The Road Boss was considerably more expensive than any of the other brands but it is very heavy (> 1000 lbs) and has lots of useful features that are missing in some of the competitors. I ended up paying $2975, and with that price, the owner threw in a hydraulic top link as well. I need to hose and adapt the top link though. That seems like a lot of money for what it is, but if I can keep the washboards knocked down, it should be worth it.

It should be here by the end of the week. I'll post pics when it arrives.

/ Road Boss Road Grader #14  
Cowboy and Wombat-----the Road Boss appears to have "teeth" on the front blade & it is fixed (not adjustable). I bought a Grademaster 3-5 years ago--no teeth. What do the teeth seem to add? Do they make a big difference when you're grading a pasture road/trail overgrown with grass or does the grass catch in them & clog up? The Dura-grader front blade can be adjusted front to back---how important does that seem to be? Thanks.

/ Road Boss Road Grader #16  
I'm embarassed to say that I've never hooked it up to my tractor I guess for 2 reasons. My 'roads' are in pastures & covered with grass. Second, it always seems I have something more pressing when I can get there on the weekend.

/ Road Boss Road Grader
Cowboy and Wombat-----the Road Boss appears to have "teeth" on the front blade & it is fixed (not adjustable). I bought a Grademaster 3-5 years ago--no teeth. What do the teeth seem to add? Do they make a big difference when you're grading a pasture road/trail overgrown with grass or does the grass catch in them & clog up? The Dura-grader front blade can be adjusted front to back---how important does that seem to be? Thanks.

the teeth stir up the gravel/road/whatever so it remixes it all up. I think it's key, otherwise you are just fixing the top with a straight edge, but with the teeth, it stirs it all up so you have new base. When it's working well, it completely destroys the potholes, doesn't just fill them up.

Never tried it on grass, but on the side of the road, they catch grass and doesn't seem to matter.

HTH

/ Road Boss Road Grader #18  
Build your own out of three guard rail post . and a few scraps . This is my home built 6' grader. You are welcome to copy. If you want I can send measurements.

Attachments

• IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    911.1 KB · Views: 981
  • IMG_0077.JPG
    IMG_0077.JPG
    903.2 KB · Views: 911
  • IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    838.2 KB · Views: 805
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 1,328
   / Road Boss Road Grader #19  
One thing I noticed when laying in a driveway was that you an only work the gravel so long before it starts layer itself (the aggregate starts to sort itself out). Then you get to where you can't easily work it without adding more gravel. Which, if you work it too much again, or it solidifies and works into the base soil, makes it hard to fully smooth it out again. That's where the Road Boss and similar machines come in. They attempt to fluff the ground up and let you relay the top layer.