Road Boss Road Grader

/ Road Boss Road Grader #21  
Tractorchick : And a heck of a lot cheaper total cost about $10 for Scrap I built from .
I check Junk Yard every time I go for old implements so far I have picked up a ford 706 Scoop for $20 , Cost about $30 more to recondition it. International back 6' blade for $40 cost about 2 hours work and 3 Lbs of welding rod to fix . Retrived a 14-2 Dearborn mower from my farther-n laws farm , as no one would claim it , Rebuilt it using a side mount that brother-n-law gave me for parts. Have about $80 in it .

Attachments

• IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    829.2 KB · Views: 541
  • 3 PT 6' Dearborn Mower 14-2.jpg
    3 PT 6' Dearborn Mower 14-2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    952.3 KB · Views: 683
   / Road Boss Road Grader #22  
I also made ciopy of the road boss grader,I used 3 inch squae tube and bought two blades from Tractor Supply. Blades are 7 foot long. It is three point hook up with a slot in the top link to allow it to float a bit. It is the best thing I ever saw, short of a big 6 wheel grader. I take care of about a mile of steep mountan road, lots of rock and washes badly after big strms. Have not tried to use it in snow. I pull it with a 30 HP new holland 4x4 and have plenty of power. By it, youll like it. No teeth. R

/ Road Boss Road Grader #23  
Could you share a picture of your project? I have been toying with the idea of building something to take care of my road. There is somewhere around 6 miles of dirt/gravel road that needs attention and very little budget to do it with. Thanks

/ Road Boss Road Grader #24  
I'm a home owner who has a mile and a half of road to maintain. Will my 26 HP Kubota pull a 5' road boss? I also have some hills. -Pat

/ Road Boss Road Grader #25  
I'm a home owner who has a mile and a half of road to maintain. Will my 26 HP Kubota pull a 5' road boss? I also have some hills. -Pat

I think that it will, but get in contact with Road Boss and they can tell you for sure.

/ Road Boss Road Grader #26  
I pulled my neighbor's 5' with my Massey Feguson 1433V; 33 HP...it was fine for most of it, but it would bog down when loaded up and coming up hill...

/ Road Boss Road Grader #27  
I pulled my neighbor's 5' with my Massey Feguson 1433V; 33 HP...it was fine for most of it, but it would bog down when loaded up and coming up hill...

I had the same problem with Road Boss. I had them come out and demo me
a unit but my tractor didn't handle it to good and the price seemed very high
so I did some research on the net and found a the company that invented these types of graders called Dura-Grader. Dura-Grader has a very large selection of different models and sizes some of which are still patented. I purchased an adjustable unit from them at a reasonable price and it worked perfect behind my tractor . With the adjustments I would have had to buy four or more Road Boss units to do the Job of this one Dura-Grader. Also they have been in business for 31 years and stand behind their products with a satisfactory guarantee an a warranty. I strongly recommend this product to anyone looking for a grading implement. here is the Dura-Grader website
DURA-GRADER

Attachments

• DSC00195.JPG
    DSC00195.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 604