Road tractor driving

/ Road tractor driving #12  
I have about a two mile round trip on city streets every time I need to mow around my warehouse. The rear R4's did great but the front were cupping really bad. I finally did a toe-in check and was shocked on the results. It had to have come this way from the dealer but I lost about 40% of my tire rubber from not paying attention. Your owner's manual probably has the toe-in specs.

/ Road tractor driving #14  
   / Road tractor driving #15  
Me neither. And I'll wager that the tread wear would be so small that you can't measure it.
... even after making the trip 50 times.

I drive on pavement and dirt all the time. furthest was 25 miles each way. left early on a Saturday morning. I routinely drive 9 miles round trip to my buddies about 10 times a year. After almost 600 hours I have very little tread wear.

If you only put a 100-200 hours a year you will probably loose to dry rot first

/ Road tractor driving #16  
For about 10 years I drove my Kubota B7500 half way around the block (country block, not city) during mowing season to cut MIL's 5 acres. I rigged a strobe in addition to the factory 4-ways. After getting the L3200 I take it to do snow removal at the church over a mile away. This tractor has more flashers and so far no issues.

IMG_1186_zps3fbza7kx.mp4 Video by jim_miller7 | Photobucket

I love the strobes! I bought some off ebay, but they're a total joke. Where did you get your setup from?

Thanks

Chris

/ Road tractor driving #18  
I rd. my 21,000 # backhoe quite a few 100 miles a yr. on the rd.from job to job and as far as the tire wear I'm on my forth set as of last yr. since 2004 with 8,000 yrs. on the machine. Based on this I'd say the cost of a trailer, licence & insurance for a tractor would far out way the cost of tires.

/ Road tractor driving #19  
This thread reminds me a little bit of the one where the guy left his block heater plugged in for 2 days and was concerned he had done damage. Tires will be fine.

/ Road tractor driving #20  
Around my county you see very few tractors on the roads due to the laws. Not sure if it is a state law or a county ordinance but; per a sheriff deputy; we can only drive roads if moving between farm properties we own or have a vested interest such as rent. My church is only 3 miles away but have to trailer up to be legal. Around here I would not go very far on the county roads, drivers are crazy, roads are hilly and curvy. have S curve at one end of the property, In six years we have been here that curve has had 6 bad accidents and 2 deaths. All speed and/or substance abuse related. Lucky no other cars involved.

Ron