Mowing Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #11  
How about this theory.

If the grass is very long and the blades turn ccw then the blades would cut the grass on the right side, pile it up on the left side, and mat down the grass on the left side as it piles. The mower may partially cut the grass on the left side but it would be only the amount left standing above blade height.

As the tractor moves along the piled grass is discharged out the rear. In a day or so the matted grass recovers and looks uncut compared to the clean cut right side.

Only a theory. I get this with tire tracks and wet/tall grass. So it makes sense that heavy trimmings would hold down the grass preventing it from being cut.

Do we have a winner yet?:)

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #12  
Try first gear for 50ft it can't hurt.:2cents:

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #13  
If you are going around a field, reverse direction of travel and see if that helps? Ken Sweet

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #14  
I don't have a tractor rotary mower, but have had the same thing happen cutting light brush with a rotary lawnmower. The mower pushes the brush down and forward, then the forward-moving blade just scrapes the bark off, sliding over the top of the stems without cutting them. The rearward moving blade cuts the brush.

View attachment 278549

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #15  
Just a wild guess but is a blade turned in and caught on the stump jumper? Why did you put new blades on it?

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #16  
I will say it is a wild guess....... you ever cut with an unbalanced mower?

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #17  
60" rotary cutter? I was taking this to be a brush hog with a central blade carrier and 2 blades swinging on that one output shaft.

even if ONLY 1 blade was present.. it still makes the full circle.. thus a missing or upside down blade should make only vibration difference.

if this IS a twin spindle finish deck.. then that changes everything.

how about it OP?

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #18  
the 240 mf has a split transmission, if you are in 3rd gear on the low side that's fine, if in 3rd qear high side , to fast, make shore mower is level, also from past knowledge, make shore the blades are on not upside down , I did that once!

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #19  
wow.. nothing from OP in 2ys..

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #20  
Glad you pointed that out Soundguy, I'm reading and scratching my head, I hate it when I don't look up at the dates :laughing: