Rotary cutter size question for a CK20s HST

/ Rotary cutter size question for a CK20s HST #11  
As LD1 mentioned, slower with a 5 or faster with a 4. Another thought to add. If you ever decide to sell the cutter, a 5 probably will sell faster. Also, if you ever decide on a bigger tractor, a 5 will fit well and you won't need another cutter.

/ Rotary cutter size question for a CK20s HST #12  
I will be mostly cutting field brush no yard cutting .. I was told that I needed to get a cutter at least as wide as the back wheels of the tractor if not I would be pushing down field grass making it harder to cut .. A 4 footer would be a little short of that .. And a 5 footer is a little more than a 22 hp ..17at the pto should pull from what I have been told .. Each dealer tells me something different .. Thanks Jeff

If the cutter is wider than the tires to keep from pushing down the grass, then it would have to be a mid mount mower, cause anything you pull behind is going to be cutting what you have already driven over with both front and rear wheels..

Rancho

/ Rotary cutter size question for a CK20s HST
If the cutter is wider than the tires to keep from pushing down the grass, then it would have to be a mid mount mower, cause anything you pull behind is going to be cutting what you have already driven over with both front and rear wheels..

Rancho

True .. I was just repeating what a salesman had told me Saturday about how I need to make sure to get a cutter wider than the back tires .. I was thinking the same thing when he said that~u had already ran over the field grass to get to where the cutter could cut it .

/ Rotary cutter size question for a CK20s HST #14  
I will be mostly cutting field brush no yard cutting .. I was told that I needed to get a cutter at least as wide as the back wheels of the tractor if not I would be pushing down field grass making it harder to cut .. A 4 footer would be a little short of that .. And a 5 footer is a little more than a 22 hp ..17at the pto should pull from what I have been told .. Each dealer tells me something different .. Thanks Jeff

I pulled a 5' Bush Hog Razorback with my Kubota B-8200 for 24 years. (19 HP gross...maybe 16 PTO) Used for mowing pastures, and hay field in fall, so I wouldn't have snow 2' deep laying there all winter. Grass height probably 18" or so most years. Have mowed that same field when the hay went uncut. Grass was higher than the hood of the Kubota, couldn't use full width of mower that year...took a while, lots of stops to clean grill...but got it done.

Sold the tractor a few years ago, 2000+ hours on it, still ran like new, used no oil, and not a single leak anywhere on tractor (engine, trans, axles). Still have the Bush Hog, still works fine.

Your Kioti would have no trouble handling a mower of that size.....all that is needed is a bit of common sense...HB Bob

000_0348.jpg

Forgot to mention, I never ran tractor/mower at the rated 2600rpm...always mowed at 2100 or so... Actual power being developed/used would be under the advertised HP, at this engine speed

Last edited:
Thanks, To bob and everyone that replied ... Purchased the Ck20 HST yesterday .. Will be Delivered Monday .. Had the 50hr service,loader hooks added and two Kioti hats thrown in the deal for $12.600 .. Thanks for your comments it really helps ..

/ Rotary cutter size question for a CK20s HST #16  
Thanks, To bob and everyone that replied ... Purchased the Ck20 HST yesterday .. Will be Delivered Monday .. Had the 50hr service,loader hooks added and two Kioti hats thrown in the deal for $12.600 .. Thanks for your comments it really helps ..

MAnd I cant even get a hat for $12.600 :laughing:

All kidding aside, sounds like a nice deal. Make sure to post some pics monday when it arrives.

/ Rotary cutter size question for a CK20s HST #17  

Congrats, you can now update your profile to say you have a Kioti!!

Rancho..CK20HST

/ Rotary cutter size question for a CK20s HST #18  
cool, post pics when it's all ready to play!

Will do ..here's a pic of my 12 year old nephew giving it a test run . image.jpg

Where is a good place to pick up a 54 "rotary cutter .. Not having much luck locating one .