Rotary Mowers Bush Hog Vs Kingkutter

/ Rotary Mowers Bush Hog Vs Kingkutter #11  
Jason,
I have to second "cstocks" post on his experience with the SQ600. Mine is about 3 years old and has worked almost flawlessly. Not often, but every once in a while, it seems when the PTO is first engaged, one of the folding blades may not fully deploy and there is definite vibration. But disengaging and then reengaging the PTO seems to always correct the situation. With my unit, there is always a bit of vibration when the PTO is first engaged, until the blades extend, then it runs smoothly. I always engage the PTO at engine idle, then accelerate to operating speed.
Like "cstocks" my brush hog has run over and through about everything you might find at ground level. My unit runs smoothly through it all.
Also, it has never sheared a pin, but it has never had the blades stopped in their tracks, either. My little JD855 is only 19hp at the PTO and it seems like the engine will die before a pin will break. Initially I considered a slip clutch model to save the trouble of frequent shear pin changes, but that has not been a problem.

OkieG

/ Rotary Mowers Bush Hog Vs Kingkutter #12  
Hi John,
First Choice will be at Louisville at the Outdoor Power Equipment Expo next Thursday thru Sunday, but don't know about Empire Farms Days.

/ Rotary Mowers Bush Hog Vs Kingkutter #13  
Hi Jim,

Does that mean you still could have a large distributor displaying the product... maybe...? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Rotary Mowers Bush Hog Vs Kingkutter #14  
If one of our dealers wanted to display our product, I'm sure we would be thrilled. We have had dealers use our products in their booths before. They always generate a lot of traffic, especially if they use more than one color. I've heard it compared to an Easter egg hunt. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Sure does get people's attention!

/ Rotary Mowers Bush Hog Vs Kingkutter
Well, I went ahead and bought the Kingkutter 5 ft Brushhog. You guys were not kidding about the paint job. I have sags and runs in the paint everywhere. It is thick in some spots and hardly covering in others. They really have to get this straightened out. The assemply instructions are clear, (with some spelling and grammer problems). However the assembly instructions that I got do not show where a critical part goes !!!!!

The part that I am referring to is the U shaped piece that the top link attaches to, which allows the cutter to rise and fall without digging into the ground. Neither the assembly instructions nor the parts diagrams show this piece or its installation. It is shown in the unpacking picture that shows all parts shipped, but that is all. There are 2 long bolts that hold the lift arms together at the top and I have assembled the u shaped part to the upper bolt. Are there other users out there who can confirm where this part goes?

As always thanks for the help boys.....

/ Rotary Mowers Bush Hog Vs Kingkutter #16  
Jason, it's not the best picture in the world, but if you look at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.kingkutter.com/liftkutters.asp> their web site</A>, I think you can see that U-shaped piece at the very top and bolted in with the open end out (that's for the pin to the top link).

Bird:
Thanks, you are right it is just barely visable, but it should help. However when I set this up do I adjust the top link so that the U faces up pointing toward the sky? If I do then when the back of the Hog dips down into a rut, the U will rotate and be facing the back of the tractor seat (pointing at my back when I am Hogging). Couldn't the U continue to rotate and fall foward and point down at the ground if the dip is severe enough? Then wouldn't it jam in that position when the back of the hog comes out of the dip, leaving me to have to stop and remove the pin and correct the problem, possible leading to a bent toplink? What do you guys think ?

/ Rotary Mowers Bush Hog Vs Kingkutter #18  
Jason, when you get it hooked up, adjust your top link so that U-shaped piece instead of pointing straight down, is pointing at about a 30-45 degree angle forward of straight down.

Thanks for the reply, but when I look at the website piucture (thanks BTW) I see a problem with your solution. The U is rotating on the Upper of the 2 bolts in the picture. If a set it at 30-45 degrees that would be fine if the bottom of the Hog drops into a ditch/divit and the U rotates upward, but if the back rises on a hill/bump won't the U then pivot downward to lets say dead bottom and then run right into the lower of the 2 bolts that assemple the lift arms? Thanks Jason

/ Rotary Mowers Bush Hog Vs Kingkutter #20  
Yes, the closed end of the U rotates on the top bolt. And the holes in the open end of the U are what the pin goes through with the end of the top link in it. And maybe 30-45 degrees might be a little too much. My Howse manual had a picture showing the hookup with the lower (open) end of the U tilted slightly forward toward the tractor. As the back end of the cutter rises and falls, that U should swing fore and aft (and will go aft beyond the vertical; i.e., swing toward the rear). You say it will hit the 2 bolts that assemble the lift arms? Did you install them with the nut on the inside or outside? With the nut on the outside, mine always swung between them with no problem; can't say for sure that yours will.