Rotary Mowers Bush Hog Vs Kingkutter

/ Rotary Mowers Bush Hog Vs Kingkutter
I follow what your saying, but if you look at the picture on the KK website there are 2 bolts at the top of the supports. One is where the U plate pivots on and maybe 1 inch below that pivot is another bolt that goes through the right lift arm into a spacer and then out the left lift arm. The spacer is sandwiched between the right and left lift arms just below the bolt that the U plate swings on . If that U plate was pointing at the tractor seat as it continues to rotate toward the ground it will hit this spacer that is 1-2 inches below the pivot point. Maybe I need to move that U plate to the lower of the 2 bolts so that it swings fore and aft and the Bolt with the spacer would be above the swinging action.... What do you think ?

/ Rotary Mowers Bush Hog Vs Kingkutter #22  
Uh-oh, I apologize, Jason. It just dawned on me that it was my Bush Hog finish mower, not my Howse rotary cutter, that had the U-shaped connector that worked as I've been describing. And now after looking at that picture of the KingKutter rotary cutter again, I see what you mean, and right now I don't know the solution, except . . .

<font color=blue>Maybe I need to move that U plate to the lower of the 2 bolts so that it swings fore and aft and the Bolt with the spacer would be above the swinging action.... What do you think ?</font color=blue>

That's not the way the picture shows it, is it? But that sure seems to me to be the solution; only one I can think of anyway.