Rotella vs Mobil

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Rotella vs Mobil #31  
dargo, well the obvious question for you is just how do you know what the state of the oil in any given piece of equipment is?

Serious questions for you,
on any engine you have is there a big tag that says not to change oil until ___?
in any manual you have does it state in capital letters, or bold print, or any other type of print NOT to change oil until__________??

In your mind oil with 25 hours has no contaminants at all?

And I gotta know, do you believe in man made global warming???

/ Rotella vs Mobil #32  
dargo, well the obvious question for you is just how do you know what the state of the oil in any given piece of equipment is?

on any engine you have is there a big tag that says not to change oil until ___?
in any manual you have does it state in capital letters, or bold print, or any other type of print NOT to change oil until__________??

That's what I thought. No answer. Actually, you answered a lot. :rolleyes:

/ Rotella vs Mobil #33  
logic really does drive a lib nuts.
:p

/ Rotella vs Mobil #34  
If you lived nearby Id try to get you to let me have your changed oil.
larry

Sorry ... A fellow picks it all up every couple years and burns it in his garage furnace. I change out the oil on three vehicles every 3000 miles and now the two tractors.... so it takes two or three years to make his trip worthwhile.

/ Rotella vs Mobil #35  
logic really does drive a lib nuts.
:p

For a guy that has only been a member on TBN for 7 days you are very quick to put a negative implication to your name calling...

I would rather get back to the OP issue. Rotella vs Mobil... (Synthetic) would be my choice, but I don't mind reading opinions on both...
Regarding Statements of fact, like Dargo, I also would like some documentation or just leave it as "a personal experience, belief.
I personaly think most things stated as fact are actually personal preference, thats fine but every now and then when something comes up that dose not make sense it is nice to see where the opinions are coming from...
When you don't have an answer resorting to cutesie implications in name calling only stops interest in the particular thread... KennyV

/ Rotella vs Mobil #36  
KennyV, you got me to look into something. It appears that "fredkos" has spent most of his posts calling some of the most respected members here names and being sarcastic to them. I actually feel honored to be in their company as someone this "fredkos" has issues with; CurlyDave, Duffster, Messick, Nubota Dave1949 etc., etc. I don't know if you did so, but I clicked on his name and looked at his posts. Nasty! Thanks for getting me to look and recognize the type of person I was (no longer will bother to respond to that person) responding to.

Also, as you mentioned, "most" things in oil preference comes down to opinions; most. I think I made it clear in my first posts that my preference for Delvac was based on opinion and only second hand information. However, some statements such as a definitive statement that changing oil every 25 hours is always best and to even think otherwise is "silly" rather demands some sort of specific information to back up a statement that is such an extreme and against logic and reason statement. If I made a statement such as "it's dangerous to drive a vehicle with more than 25,000 miles on it", I'd expect most people to require that I give definitive and measurable evidence to support such an off the wall statement or write off what I say. And, yup, I do still buy Rotella when it's waaay cheaper than Delvac. :)

/ Rotella vs Mobil #37  
I realize this is a different scenario, but I have a '90 chevy pick-up with a 350 engine. When I bought it it had noisy lifters, I changed the oil with rotella t 15-40 and they stopped pecking right away.
Also I recently swapped cams in the monte in my avatar, and comp cams recomended diesel oil and specified rottella t for the break-in period (for flat tappet cams). This is because other oils (for gas engines) have been stipped of phosporus and zinc (maybe other things too?)
I know this isn't specific to a 6.0 psd, but it is oil related:)

/ Rotella vs Mobil #38  

Easy I do UOA and give to proper oil people. If after 25 hr you have issues, you have more then an oil issue.

Global warming. Sure, I have to pay for problems that the sun does???

/ Rotella vs Mobil
So, mobil or rotella?? I really did not want this to turn into an argument, just want some facts and input that have been difficult to come by. It seems from bits and pieces I picked up thru the threads mobil is better...correct?

/ Rotella vs Mobil #40  
In a nutshell ........ Do you like Mobil or Shell ........ Your tractor will not know the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.