Round Baler Recommendations

/ Round Baler Recommendations #21  
I have had 2 round balers; a JD 530 rolling a 5x6 and a JD 375 currently, rolling a 5x4. I bought both used and when I sold my cows and a lot of equipment, I downsized to the 375. Both have been extremely reliable and roll a good bale. I couldn't ask for anything more.
Around here, 5 wide bailers are very rare birds.

/ Round Baler Recommendations #22  
Around here, 5 wide bailers are very rare birds.
Not here in Texas...but there's a trend happening. Some custom Balers are baling 4' wide now, to get the same money as they would charge for a full 5' bale. Also, people are selling 4 ' bales for pert near what the 5' sell for. Hay is going to be scarce down here I figure this year. Saw an 18 wheeler headed south with a full load of 5' bales, hanging off each side. 4' are much more easy to transport, as far as fitting on trailers.

/ Round Baler Recommendations #23  
IMHO area off Texas dictates which width rd baler is more prominent. County I live in has always had very few rd balers that were capable of making 5 ft wide bales. Back when rd balers were introduced counties below my county had very few rd balers that made 4 ft wide bales but that has changed over the yrs. Where I live horse owners prefer 4 ft rd bales because the 4 ft wide bales fit in the back of regular pickup bed better than 5 ft wide bales. Plus hauling two 4ft wide bales side by flat side on a trailer is easier with no need to attain a over-width permit to be legal.