Round tubing

/ Round tubing #11  
Those Rhode Island Reds are some nice chickens. :licking:

/ Round tubing #12  
uploadfromtaptalk1464428041798.jpg

/ Round tubing
I do not have the patience to do it like the video. I copied the chart from above and might give that a whirl. The more I think about it, the more I think it was the steel supplier I got the tubing from. They built an entire race car roll bar system using that method, and their weld up looked fantastic, to me anyway.

I will check out the HF model though.

/ Round tubing #14  
Notching and squaring are the two big reasons why I'd rather make things with square tubing. I'd only use round tubing for maybe pickup accessory's or if I need round to go inside of something round to go around, or if it's given to me. So why so many people like using it, is round tubing stronger, cheaper, or dose everyone like the extra challenge of making a good fit.............

/ Round tubing #15  
I've thought of using round tubing for a ladder rack thinking that it might offer less wind resistance.

/ Round tubing #17  
Notching and squaring are the two big reasons why I'd rather make things with square tubing. I'd only use round tubing for maybe pickup accessory's or if I need round to go inside of something round to go around, or if it's given to me. So why so many people like using it, is round tubing stronger, cheaper, or dose everyone like the extra challenge of making a good fit.............
Check out the specification on similar tubing sizes. Basically, round is stronger when subjected to lateral loads and twisting.

/ Round tubing #18  
I'm neither a structural engineer nor did I even sleep in a certain motel last night but IIRC, round tube is pound for pound stronger.

/ Round tubing
I got into this round tubing thing, only because I built an ATV trailer from it, the metal was fairly low compared to rectangular or square. It IS a PITA to work with though.

/ Round tubing #20  
It IS a PITA to work with though.

That's debatable. You just don't have the experience yet. Square is easier in some respects, and round has other advantages.

Just get a mill and be done with it. :D You'll thank me later.