Rpms on the road

/ Rpms on the road #11  
I road my 108 ALOT, ploughing snow in the winter and mowing during the summer mostly within a 20 mile radius of home base. I generally back it off from full throttle 1-200 rpm, just find a comfortable pace..( I charge by the hour and the customer is HUGE on safety, they like a steady pace ) and also keep the ride smooth enough that My coffee doesn't slop out of the go cup. Just wanted to mention make sure your front diff is disengaged especially if on dry pavement

Cheers

Roger

/ Rpms on the road #12  
I do a lot of short road trips running round bales from one place to another. Full throttle, 25 mph all the way. At times I'll run 5 miles down the road for equipment. Again, full throttle all the way. Make sure your brakes are locked together, watch traffic ahead of you, and keep an eye on the morons behind you passing into oncoming traffic.

/ Rpms on the road #13  
M8540 pedal to the metal. The engines are rated for this speed your not going to destroy the engine.

I'm with Dave and Gary on this one. If your tractor won't run wide open safely, there's something wrong with it. I love the speed of my M9540 on the road.

/ Rpms on the road #14  
We tend to run ours at full throttle if the road is smooth enough.

/ Rpms on the road #15  
What little I have done of it, I have opened it up all the way, make sure the brakes are locked, turned on the flashers, and keep looking for traffic because even at my max speed, close to 15MPH, I am like a road block to cars.

/ Rpms on the road #16  
If I'm enjoying a nice day I'll run it at 2000 rpm but if I'm in a hurry or it looks like rain or just feel like going faster then it's wide open (2600-2700 rpm).

/ Rpms on the road #17  
I always run around pto rated speed. I have ran a tractor all day at that speed so why can't you road it at that speed? Never had any reason to run it any faster but I don't see why you couldn't? If the cars want around me they can pass. If they get trapped behind me, they can wait. I'm pretty sure a 10k tractor and implement is going to win in a crash. Not to mention, farm equipment has the ROW as long as your not being an idiot. Just turn the flashers on and make sure you have enough SMV signs on.

/ Rpms on the road #18  
I'm smack in the middle of uber-rural ranch & farm country which is also smack in the middle of some of the World's most popular tourist destinations (Zion, Bryce, Cedar Mt., Grand Staircase, Coral Pink Sand Dunes & more) and we get basically two kinds of reaction when streeting any ag or construction outfit - locals that understand, beep & wave and arse-hole tourists who nearly have a stroke trying to get around you as they race past some of the most spectacular scenery they'll ever see. Boggles the mind. These types can really go crazy when a cattle drive takes up both lanes of the state highway on its way to the next pasture. :laughing:

/ Rpms on the road #19  
working or roading my tractor i run at 1500 to 1800rpms.

/ Rpms on the road #20  
I go wide open. I figure the sooner I get off the road the safer it will be for everyone.