RTV OR COMPACT TRACTOR PLOW

/ RTV OR COMPACT TRACTOR PLOW
For those of you who use a snow plow on your FEL, how to you handle that ? Float mode ?

/ RTV OR COMPACT TRACTOR PLOW #12  
For those of you who use a snow plow on your FEL, how to you handle that ? Float mode ?

I do not float the fel. I lower the blade until it just touches the pavement and there is an inch or so of slop for the blade to move in. It's easy enough on flat or consistent grades, but requires constant attention on undulating terrain.

/ RTV OR COMPACT TRACTOR PLOW #13  
I do not float the FEL. My Snowsport plow has float capability built in the design.

/ RTV OR COMPACT TRACTOR PLOW #14  
On my gravel driveway & parking with small terrain changes float does not work as well as making small adjustments on the fly whether I am using the plow or loader bucket. I prefer my UTV which is more compact and maneuverable and the plow just rides over the ground. I use the tractor when snow is too deep or heavy for the UTV and at times just for the heavy, packed county plow berms at the end of the driveway.

/ RTV OR COMPACT TRACTOR PLOW #15  
My FEL mounted plow is set up to float on chains, just like it was designed to do when mounted on a truck. I can put the weight of the FEL frame or even the front half of the tractor if needed to loosen stuff up.

Search for " underslung snow plow" and you'll see various members' approaches.

/ RTV OR COMPACT TRACTOR PLOW #16  
My FEL mounted plow is set up to float on chains, just like it was designed to do when mounted on a truck. I can put the weight of the FEL frame or even the front half of the tractor if needed to loosen stuff up.

Search for " underslung snow plow" and you'll see various members' approaches.
That is certainly much better, especially on irregular surfaces!!!

So , can I conclude a basic LP STB series plow is not an optimal tool for an uneven dirt road because it misses the « pickup « system ?

/ RTV OR COMPACT TRACTOR PLOW #18  
So , can I conclude a basic LP STB series plow is not an optimal tool for an uneven dirt road because it misses the « pickup « system ?
In this video, you can see the problem of the PLOW itself not being able to float. If he floats the loader, the plow can follow the ground but the tractor front lifts and he loses traction (cant steer or spins). When he tries following the ground with the FEL without floating, he can never get it right. The plow on a FEL doesn't push straight back like on a truck, it pushes up toward the upper loader pivot pins. The geometry is just wrong.

In this video, you can see the problem of the PLOW itself not being able to float. If he floats the loader, the plow can follow the ground but the tractor front lifts and he loses traction (cant steer or spins). When he tries following the ground with the FEL without floating, he can never get it right. The plow on a FEL doesn't push straight back like on a truck, it pushes up toward the upper loader pivot pins. The geometry is just wrong.

Cristal clear !! Many thanks. Per chance are you familiar with the plows Kubota sells for their RTV 900 ? Do they have the same problems?

/ RTV OR COMPACT TRACTOR PLOW #20  
Cristal clear !! Many thanks. Per chance are you familiar with the plows Kubota sells for their RTV 900 ? Do they have the same problems?
No, they float and operate just like a plow on a truck and are a shorter package.