RTVX-1100C Stolen

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #11  
Congrats on getting your replacement. You may want to install a hidden battery switch or ignition disconnect switch. That might make it harder for someone to drive off with it. They certainly won't want to push it very far.

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #12  
I have had a small trailer walk off from a unlocked leanto back at the barn but never turned it in because a replacement was only $600-$700 and the deductible was $1000 I believe so I said the heck with it.

But that is the exact reason the ATV and smaller, easier to steal machinery stays in the attached garage, I still have tools and the tractor in the barn but I try not to have everything in one place.

It's good to hear insurance came threw for you this time, hopefully the insurance didn't go up very much.

Back around 2009 I had a 1993 Suzuki king quad 300cc stolen out of my dads barn, insurance didn't cover that because it's a recreational vehicle and needs separate insurance.

I haven't had any luck with insurance companies lol

Last edited:
   / RTVX-1100C Stolen #13  
What you need to do is go to SPOT SATELLITE MESSENGER :: HOME PAGE and pick up a Spot Trace beacon. Conceal it in your new machine where the beacon has a clear view of the sky (not blocked by metal). Next time a thief walks off with your machine you'll know where to find it using the app on your phone. Cheap insurance.

I keep one concealed in my vintage FJ40 Land Cruiser. If some one steals it they'll have company, and in a bad way for them.

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #14  
Sorry for your loss. Curious if you have a dog? And if your property is posted with security signs/notifications of some sort?

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen
After the theft I joined the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association. They have Special Rangers that do all their investigations. I've been getting their Crime Watch bulletins and it's unbelievable the amount of equipment thefts that are occurring. Doesn't matter if it's in a locked shop, the thieves break in. Whoever stole my Kubota cut my fence on my hay pasture (new mesh wire field fence with barbed wire) to make their exit. My cows could have easily gotten out if they hadn't been eating hay. Not much chance on seeing it again, most of the stolen equipment makes it to Mexico.

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #16  
Had a stolen SUV get stuck on our place last fall so the thieves went up to the barn and stole 2 ATV's. SUV had to be full of fingerprints. Do you think they even investigated. Didn't bother with prints, called the guy that owned the SUV and left after I gave them the VINs on the ATV's. We pulled the guy out and that's the last we heard. The cop kept asking if we had video. I really doubt it would have made a difference. Now we lock all the barns. what a PIA.

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #17  
Had to wait a mandatory 30 days before insurance could settle. Decided this time to go the stealth route, I think I'm going to like it much better. The alloy wheels on the orange one were hard to keep clean so I had decided not to get them. The camo was an expensive option but they sell more camo to individuals than orange.

If they did catch the thieves, what's the the penalty, couple weeks in jail with two months probation, whatever it's is probably not like it use to be in the old west when someone stole a horse. What's the cost of that new UTV plus cab?

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen
Looking at nearly $20,000 for a new one. They have a $2700 reward for the one I had stolen. The insurance was for full replacement value so all I'm out is the extra cost of the camo and what I still owed Kubota finance. I've added locks and chains on all pasture gates, installed gates that cover the doors on the shop. May not stop a theft but maybe slow them down. Still looking at adding video surveillance, may install a tracker like what was suggested earlier.

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #20  
Looking at nearly $20,000 for a new one. They have a $2700 reward for the one I had stolen. The insurance was for full replacement value so all I'm out is the extra cost of the camo and what I still owed Kubota finance. I've added locks and chains on all pasture gates, installed gates that cover the doors on the shop. May not stop a theft but maybe slow them down. Still looking at adding video surveillance, may install a tracker like what was suggested earlier.

I was off a day I don't normally get off, my dog got excited and interested in the back yard suddenly, I look outside and see all 4 cattle out and headed to the neighbors yard, I'm not far from a village and had a fear of them running the streets and hurting someone.

I quickly slipped my boots on and went to get them pinned, with an empty bucket got 3 of the 4 back in right away and the 4th I used corn to lure it back in.

I found the chain unclipped and laying on the ground, I think it was intentional so I added a beefier chain I had in the barn and a old lock. Figured it was cheaper than getting sued.

It's sad that I had to lock and chain my gate, have to keep the barn and house constantly locked or else stuff walks off, first thing I did when I bought the place was spray paint all the windows in the doors of the barn and garage on the house white so people can't look in and see what I have.

Just like a car, if they can see it, there gonna try to break in and steal it.