Run away or worth a gamble? Kubota B2910

/ Run away or worth a gamble? Kubota B2910 #71  
Yeah, the two different types of "buyers" are pretty different. I have had good luck selling cars on Craig's List. Since newspaper classified ads seem to be history, not sure how else to even do it? One buyer came on a Sunday afternoon, looked, drove, and said "I will buy it". They had brought the asking price, in cash. Later, I got some emails asking what my best price was- didn't even bother answering them.
Earlier, we sold a Honda Hybrid that was a great shape for a 10 year old car also on CL- but in that case, the buyer, after emails and photos, flew here from the Midwest, met at the airport, and drove it home some 700 miles. Interestingly, I heard from him one year later- "great car, saved him amazing amounts of gas money" and very happy with it. Go figure.

/ Run away or worth a gamble? Kubota B2910 #72  
"Want to buy a smaller kubota tractor--maybe 25 to 35 HP that is in really good condition and maybe one owner. I figure to spend $7,000 to $8,000 or $9,000 but that depends. "
I sold a John Deere 455 this way. I got suspicious after a month of e-mails but I had a few things come up that added to the wait also. Long story short=It was a Doctor completing his residency. (worked long hours but had a good idea of what he wanted and what they were worth)
It is a buyers market.

/ Run away or worth a gamble? Kubota B2910 #73  
sixdogs and McRebel,

I guess that is an interesting thought. I have seen those ads before and just ignore them. I guess I found them sort of strange when what people were looking for was listed for sale in the same place. You guys are saying the ads actually work? I may give it a try. I have listed quite a few things for family and friends that did not know how to list things. We have had real good luck selling things that way. I guess I assume everyone can find someone to do that for them.

I got two responses within a week of the want ad being published. In both cases the tractor fit the criteria I was looking for. This was in the Mississippi Market Bulletin. I am not sure I would do that on craigslist.

It's not necessarily these people can't post a listing. The purpose is to catch a seller just before they post their tractor for sale or the guy who is contemplating it. You get first dibs.

If you have something similar to the Market Bulletin we have here I don't see anything it would hurt. It might work and it might not. No harm in trying was my thought. In the Market Bulletin I had to put the add in the wanted section. It is a very well run publication. If I would have tried to put a want add in the for sale section they would have moved it.

I agree about not insulting the seller. I just recently sold an old house that was left to me. It aggravated me when people would point out all the negatives as they were checking it out. I knew it had problems and I made that clear in the add. I didn't need anyone to tell me and I already had it priced low because of the problems it had. I would always think to myself, just keep the negative comments to yourself and make me an offer if you don't think it is worth what I am asking. I decided then when I start looking for a tractor I am not going to beat someone's tractor up. If I didn't think it is worth what they were asking I would just make a lower offer in a kind way. They could then either take it or not.

/ Run away or worth a gamble? Kubota B2910 #74  
In April I paid 15900 for a MF 1533 with 1525 loader with 175 hrs here in Ontario from a dealer and thought I did well
I really like the tractor quite an upgrade from 7274 Cub

/ Run away or worth a gamble? Kubota B2910 #75  
Making big decisions like this can feel like a gamble sometimes, huh? Reminds me of when I was eyeing up a used car that seemed like a great deal at first glance. But after noticing a few red flags like you did with the Kubota, my gut told me to step back. It's tough when you see potential but also see risks. Just like in a game of 온포커, sometimes you have to weigh the odds. Trusting your instincts is key. If something feels off, it might be best to keep looking.

Just a heads-up. The thread you're replying to hasn't been active for almost 10 years.