Running Hot

/ Running Hot #11  
can always back flush and then flow test it too.

ditto on the non contact thermometer too

/ Running Hot #12  
If you took the head off, did you pop the water pump off and take a look at that also?

/ Running Hot #14  
I was betting on a bad head gasket after all the new parts you have already tried , but now you have pulled the head and will fix it when rebuilding after inspection , change the thermostat again anyway they are cheap !

/ Running Hot #15  
The best test would have been while it was still together. I would have suggested a cooling system pressure test. You can usually rent the tool for this from AutoZone. It pressurizes the system so you can get a good idea of where the issue is coming from.

/ Running Hot
The best test would have been while it was still together. I would have suggested a cooling system pressure test. You can usually rent the tool for this from AutoZone. It pressurizes the system so you can get a good idea of where the issue is coming from.

I did a pressure test on the system to look for leaks. How would that tell me where the problem is?

/ Running Hot #17  
If it held pressure, then there's no leak. Maybe the engine was running lean (which can cause the same problems...and yes, I forgot if it was gas or diesel). If it didn't, it's easier to listen, etc for a leak when an engine isn't running.

/ Running Hot
Gas Engine, No leaks, not running lean. new gasket here Monday and will reasemble. cleaned out block and head
water ports.

/ Running Hot #19  
when you changed the thermostat are your sure it's in right ? many a good mechanic has made a simple mistake like installing upside down and run into the same problems you have !:2cents:

/ Running Hot
Yes it was in right and you can tell when it opens.