Rural Bashing?

/ Rural Bashing? #11  
I haven't had anyone bash my lifestyle either, I work with guys who have never had a yard big enough in there life that they needed a riding mower and there in there 40s and 50s, they have no intentions of moving towards the country but understand why I do and think it's cool.

I have also been told on multiple occasions just recently that I'm living in the wrong century by people my age, I'm 26 and don't really get along with most people my age.

I believe in God, hard work and country living. Idk why that aggravates people, feminists give me a hard time a lot because I ask for help around the house and with the animals, guess I'm not supposed to ask that idk.

I just don't get city people most of the time.

Here's a new one, lately I have had girls I was dating giving me a really hard time about not having a college degree even know I make way more than they do and have way less debt lol. I'm just like ok, keep paying on your student loans while I start a HVAC business on the side of my full time job lol.

/ Rural Bashing? #12  
There has always been quite a divide around here between country and city people. I get that. City people come here to buy a vacation property or second house whereas locals might be having trouble making ends meet.

In the last few decades, I've noticed that the average price of a car (or truck) seen in town on the weekends goes up tens of thousands of dollars. Seems there is no shortage of high end badges seen these days.

I have been around here for fifty years and am still an outsider! I've stopped caring about that a long time ago!

Sorry. A little off topic maybe.

/ Rural Bashing? #13  
I thought everyone wanted to live on a few acres with no neighbors.

/ Rural Bashing? #15  
The nearest town is so "country" folks just give up picking straw outta their hair. You want city - move to Spokane. This is probably why things are so easy around here.

/ Rural Bashing? #16  
I get that, and im only 20 min from 2 good size towns.

/ Rural Bashing? #17  
Twenty five years ago, as a young man and very much a "city kid," I visited a friend out on a mid-western farm. Thought it was really cool, but could never see myself wanting to live there. Now I realize how good a setup he had, and I'm trying to emulate it. I'm six months from moving to my rural property, 100 miles from the nearest city of any size.

Voting with me feet.

/ Rural Bashing? #18  
Arguing city v. country is about as much fun as arguing pepsi v. coke or republican v. democrat.

I never thought I would love rural living... but I do. Went to see the Cubs game in Chicago with family. I still can't get the gunk out of my lungs.

/ Rural Bashing? #19  
I have been coming here or living on this 100 acre property for half a century. Then a piece of prime farm land was allowed to be severed next to me for whatever reason. Now, those people (in a new house) complain of noise and stink from the organic farming operation on our place. Just friggin stupid!

This is akin to idiots that buy a [cheaper] house near an airport and then complain about the noise. Frankly, whenever I drive near or through a large city I sympathize with those who can't walk outside and enjoy trees, lawns, wildlife, and streams.

/ Rural Bashing? #20  
This is akin to idiots that buy a [cheaper] house near an airport and then complain about the noise. Frankly, whenever I drive near or through a large city I sympathize with those who can't walk outside and enjoy trees, lawns, wildlife, and streams.

And some of those folks will lament that you can't walk a few blocks down the street to a museum, fine dining, or the theater. I have people like that in my family. They still get silly grins when they come out to the country and ride ATVs, catch a bass, or knock down some tin cans with a 22.

We're lucky to have such choices and to be able to shape our lives.