Rust!

/ Rust! #11  
The Rust Reformer actually converts iron oxide (rust) to iron sulfide, which is black, but it also contains some black primer. Stuff like this (without the primer added) since about the 1970s. They all work very well to stop rust.

Ralph

/ Rust! #12  
Unfortunately my equipment gets to set out with Mother Nature. My Bush Hog holds water in areas regardless of how I park it thus it has some serious rusting & pitting issues. What product would be best for this? Please do not say a barn or shed!!!

/ Rust! #13  
Rust up here in Mass is largely due to the mag chloride they use on the roads in the winter...it's brutal. I have a 2017 F450 V10 with 7,000 miles on it. The rotors rusted and now pulsate under braking,the exhaust at the converter is rotted, the dump body hoist looks like it's 15 years old and rusty. ..and yesterday I got a tick from the drivers side manifold high means the studs rotted and need to be replaced. It goes in next Wednesday to the dealer for that. ...it may not come home with me...

3 year old truck?
Horrible!

/ Rust! #14  
The best thing I've ever found for rust is to saturate with phosphoric acid(lowes/Home Depot for about $20.00 per gallon) then coat with POR-15. The best combination I have ever found.

Brand name is "OSPHO", I use it for all steel surfaces that start showing rust.

/ Rust! #15  
Boeshield T9 is excellent but pricey. U could try hosing it down with used motor oil every couple months for a less expensive option.

/ Rust! #16  
Unfortunately my equipment gets to set out with Mother Nature. My Bush Hog holds water in areas regardless of how I park it thus it has some serious rusting & pitting issues. What product would be best for this? Please do not say a barn or shed!!!

I use this- Gem Rust Killer Balandis Chemical Company

Spoke with the creator of this product due to my cutter slip clutch spring failing.
Quite the nice guy and chemist.
This product transforms the corrosion into inert metal ready to prime and paint.
Any questions email him, he responded to mine and we spoke on a Saturday. :drink:

/ Rust! #17  
Boeshield T9 is excellent but pricey. U could try hosing it down with used motor oil every couple months for a less expensive option.

Boeshield is a completely different product.
It basically sits on top of existing rust, to seal off air, and temporarily ****** corrosion.
LPS-3 and Wool Wax work similarly.
A "rust converter" actually reacts chemically with the rust, and acts as a primer for top coating.

/ Rust! #18  
The OSPHO and GEM Rust Killer are essentially the same thing - Phosphoric acid. The acid converts the rust (iron oxide) to iron phosphate which adheres to the steel much tighter than iron oxide and makes a really good primer. Also note, the oxide is converted to a phosphate so if there is no rust, no phosphate coating is formed.

/ Rust! #20  
I use this- Gem Rust Killer Balandis Chemical Company

Spoke with the creator of this product due to my cutter slip clutch spring failing.
Quite the nice guy and chemist.
This product transforms the corrosion into inert metal ready to prime and paint.
Any questions email him, he responded to mine and we spoke on a Saturday. :drink:
Price ??