Comparison RV Antifreeze or Windshield washer for Tire loading?

/ RV Antifreeze or Windshield washer for Tire loading? #1  

AxleHub

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey scut 2015 GC1715
Greetings.

1st off . . Rimguard is not a consideration . . I'm not going to use it for these applications.

But I do want to load a number of tires for all season wisconsin weather conditions for NEW equipment My choices are as follows:

1. RV antifreeze

2. Windshield washer

1. Is 2.69 a gallon

2. Is 1.89 a gallon

I will do my own loading.

Which to choose and why???

Thanks for your input.

/ RV Antifreeze or Windshield washer for Tire loading? #2  
RV antifreeze is less toxic. What is the freeze rating of the WW fluid. you quoted? it comes in many different mixes. Active ingredient is methanol, you can buy it straight up and mix it yourself with water.. It is what is in my tires. My last tractor had RV antifreeze. (Polyethylene glycol). One you can drink, the other is poison.

/ RV Antifreeze or Windshield washer for Tire loading? #3  
RV antifreeze. Not as toxic.

/ RV Antifreeze or Windshield washer for Tire loading?
RV antifreeze is less toxic. What is the freeze rating of the WW fluid. you quoted? it comes in many different mixes. Active ingredient is methanol, you can buy it straight up and mix it yourself with water.. It is what is in my tires. My last tractor had RV antifreeze. (Polyethylene glycol). One you can drink, the other is poison.

The one windshield washer product I looked at was -20 whereas the rv antifreeze was -50. And I defintely would not use the fancy green windshield washer that is 32 degrees lol.

By the way ladt winter in my garage I had a couple jugs of blue window washer rated for -10 and they were frozen. Surprised me :)

/ RV Antifreeze or Windshield washer for Tire loading? #5  
If you later get a tire leak the RV AF will be less harmful to animals.
I went with -20* washer fluid due to price. Weight of each is about the same per gallon.
I got some strange looks when I asked for 70 gallons. 99% of customers only buy a gallon at a time. But they were kind enough to have me pull around back and loaded me with their fork truck.
Minus 20 works for me since the tractor stays in the garage when not in use. Garage is heated to 45* (mainly for the watch dog who lives there) and I bump it up to 60 when I need to work in there.

/ RV Antifreeze or Windshield washer for Tire loading? #6  
The one windshield washer product I looked at was -20 whereas the rv antifreeze was -50. And I defintely would not use the fancy green windshield washer that is 32 degrees lol.

By the way ladt winter in my garage I had a couple jugs of blue window washer rated for -10 and they were frozen. Surprised me :)

Well... you DO live in Wisconsin. :)

/ RV Antifreeze or Windshield washer for Tire loading?
Well... you DO live in Wisconsin. :)

But I live in western/southern WI. . . Thats the warmer less rainy section. Lol

/ RV Antifreeze or Windshield washer for Tire loading? #8  
My tractor is used around a bunch of cows (that aren't mine) so I'm loaded up with RV antifreeze. It's more expensive than washer fluid.

/ RV Antifreeze or Windshield washer for Tire loading? #9  
Not living in colder climate, what is Rimguard made of and how much does it cost? My existing tractors just have water in the tires but then both are kept inside an insulated building. Temps here seldom drop below 25 and then just for a few days each year...

Ricn

/ RV Antifreeze or Windshield washer for Tire loading? #10  
If you look at a toilet with RV antifreeze in it when it is very cold you will see that the antifreeze is no longer a liquid but a thick slush almost solid. I don t think a tractor tire would roll very smoothly in this situation. The WWA works well in my area which can go to -40
Dave M7040