Safety glasses

/ Safety glasses #31  
My friend recommended DEWALT DPG82. I was skeptical. First use they did the job with no complaints. Fit perfectly over my glasses with no gaps. I sanded some foam and worbla. None of it got under the goggles.

/ Safety glasses #32  
Ended up at the ER five o clock Sunday morning of this last long weekend.

Of all the circumstances in my life where I could have got stuff in my eyes, and all the times I did, without complications, it was the tiniest particle that was my undoing.

I didn't know I had something in my eye. Removed contacts and took a shower. Rubbed my eyes vigourisly (a big no-no) and got a sharp pain in my eye. Thought I had seperated a cornia or something. Endured the pain most of the night. I could blink quickly, but a not close my eye. Read many reports that a scratched cornea will feel like something is in there. I can tell you, and I should have learned from another experience, that if it feels like something is in there, it probably is. Tried to irrigate eye with no luck and it only made the pain worse. Had visions (no pun intended) of having driven some wood sliver into my eyeball!

I had cut wood by accident that day, briefly without eye protection, got something in the OTHER eye and had to radio my lady friend for ambulatory help. Not sure if the following other eye issues that evening was related.

It certainly made me think of how screwed one would be if you didn't have access to an ER. My lady friend could see nothing in my eye.

/ Safety glasses #33  
I'll also add that sometimes you need to stop if the current eye protection you have isn't appropriate. A dozen or so years ago, I was cutting some metal siding with safety glasses on. However, it was a little windy and the tiniest metal fleck landed in my eye after a gust of wind. 3 days later I had to have the fleck cut out. When it got windy, I should have stopped and found some goggles, or a face shield in addition to the safety glasses, or maybe just stopped until conditions improved for me to do it safely.

/ Safety glasses #34  
I was doing something years ago without safety glasses. felt something go into my eye like a bug but couldnt get it out.
wound up in the hospital with several surgeries. detached retina after they took a sliver of metal out.

always have safety glasses within reach now. too little too late. am amazed at all the tough guys out there who scoff at safety glasses.

/ Safety glasses #35  
I'll also add that sometimes you need to stop if the current eye protection you have isn't appropriate. A dozen or so years ago, I was cutting some metal siding with safety glasses on. However, it was a little windy and the tiniest metal fleck landed in my eye after a gust of wind. 3 days later I had to have the fleck cut out. When it got windy, I should have stopped and found some goggles, or a face shield in addition to the safety glasses, or maybe just stopped until conditions improved for me to do it safely.

I disagree - not SOMETIMES but ALWAYS. Most of us only have two eyes, losing one is very bad.

/ Safety glasses #36  
Sometimes you are just covered in the stuff you have been trying to avoid getting in your eyes. I mean, you have to differentiate between the hazzard of some projectile flying into your eye and merely getting something in there. And also, what the material is.

/ Safety glasses #37  
I have always worn glasses.

My latest pair are with plastic lenses as are most now.
Two weeks ago I was cutting with my grinder and the blade shattered flinging a portion of the blade at my face.
My glasses saved my right eye!

I did end up with a scratched lens and a slight cut below my right eye and a lesson learned !

B4 plastic lenses I always specified hardened safety lenses but oddly enough they were always pitted from grinder sparks.
For some reason the plastic lenses don't get 'spark pitted' as did the glass ones.

24 hrs later:
Was at Cosco today, where I had purchased them, and as I passed the optical section I asked them if there was something that could be done to remove the deep scratch.
The clerk looked up my account info, went back to see someone and returned to say "Just leave them and we'll replace the lens under (something) policy!
My file showed that they were but 5 months old.
Just so happened that I had my previous pair sitting on the dash of my car.
Win/win for sure.

Last edited:
   / Safety glasses #38  
I have and wear the DeWalt glasses sometimes.

I found some full lens reader safety glasses from AMP Eyewear that came in my distance prescription. I am using those in tinted and clear versions most often.

If I'm grinding I use a face shield.

The only time I had to see a physician with something in my eye was when I was a teenager. I worked at a chevy dealer in the body shop for a while doing glass work. They often had me sandblasting rust around the windows. Even covered with a sheet and having a clear lens welding helmet on didn't prevent a spec of blasting sand from getting in my eye. The doctor kept getting stronger scopes and had one about 3 or 4 feet long before he found it.

/ Safety glasses #39  
You can try this MAGID Y50BKAFC20 safety glasses. I have been using them for over a year and it works well so I use it for both reading and seeing distance. The best thing is, these glasses can survive humid weather conditions because they have the anti-fog functional. Thus, I dont have to worry about fog anymore.

/ Safety glasses
You can try this MAGID Y50BKAFC20 safety glasses. I have been using them for over a year and it works well so I use it for both reading and seeing distance. The best thing is, these glasses can survive humid weather conditions because they have the anti-fog functional. Thus, I dont have to worry about fog anymore.

I'm needing something that will have like a seal or gasket but I like your option for working on my equipment as I need magnification then.