Safety glasses

/ Safety glasses #41  
I always use some kind of eye protection whether it be wood or metal or just mowing the grass. I was using an impact hammer to remove a stubborn bolt in the bed of a truck and ended up with a metal sliver in my eye. Couldn't get it out and my wife couldn't get it out. Ended up having to go to the hospital to have the doctor remove it. I have had debris bounce around inside a face shield so I use goggles now in combination with a face shield. I also had a situation where a grinding wheel came apart and impacted my face shield otherwise it would have been right between my eyes.

/ Safety glasses #42  
I'm needing something that will have like a seal or gasket but I like your option for working on my equipment as I need magnification then.

Thanks! What types of glasses or brand are you looking for?

/ Safety glasses #43  
I must have Gremlins that delight in scratching the heck out of any plastic safety glasses I may have. And not, like I leave them in a big pile of stuff to get scratched. They should make a couple of protusions to at least keep the lenses from sitting on some surface if they happen to end up that way.

/ Safety glasses #44  
I must have Gremlins that delight in scratching the heck out of any plastic safety glasses I may have. And not, like I leave them in a big pile of stuff to get scratched. They should make a couple of protusions to at least keep the lenses from sitting on some surface if they happen to end up that way.
I had some washer-headed screws. I screwed them into the side of my shelves and hang my safety glasses by the nose piece. They don't get scratched and I can find them.

Doug in SW IA

/ Safety glasses #46  
Recently, I bought a pair of NoCry glasses to replace DEWALT DPG82. After about five days of owning and wearing these while using my table saw, router and belt sander, I went on to using my edger and mower. What I found is that they do not condensate, they totally protect my eyes from sawdust, flying woodchips, small rocks and twigs from edging and mowing, and they are comfortable and stay on.

/ Safety glasses
I don't think the NoCry have a seal/gasket which is what I'm needing.

/ Safety glasses #48  
I have been wearing these for years, full readers from .5 up to 2.5 power in both clear and tinted for sun. I have used them in all kinds of dusty environments, rotorcraft wash, mowing, grinding, sanding.

I highly recommend them!

RX-500 Safety Readers

/ Safety glasses #49  
I've been having a problem with safety glasses and hearing protector muffs. Some of the muffs when combined with the HF glasses I was using become uncomfortable after a while. I recently discovered that 3M makes glasses with super thin ear pieces specifically to fit under muffs. They're a lot more comfortable.

/ Safety glasses
My problem is when I mow when it is dry the wind usually is blowing and when I turn to do the rebound the small particles blow under, over and through the sides of my safety glasses into my eyes.