Saving A Ford 3910

/ Saving A Ford 3910
We have come to the end of our story of saving a Ford 3910 Tractor. The tractor was sold to a local farmer who intends to use it in his hay fields along with other Ford tractors he owns. After we discussed everything about the tractor and all that I did to it and what I knew about it's history, he said he would put a nine shank tillage tool behind it and work it hard, then see what he had. He said it would then be a winter project for him to complete any other work it may need. So the end of the story for me is that the old 3910 will be saved and put back to work pulling a hay tedder in the hay fields, probably an easy way to finish out it's reason for being here. Thanks again for all who enjoyed reading about the old Ford 3910 tractor.

/ Saving A Ford 3910 #193  
And thank you for telling the story and the end to it. :)

/ Saving A Ford 3910
Was thinking about the Ford 3910 this morning, and I see a lot of people are still following this story. I have to admit I did have a bond with the old tractor, after all we went through, if that is possible. I find myself wondering about it from time to time, it is almost like finding a stray dog that was left to go off somewher to die. Anyway I miss the old tractor and wish it well, and thanks to all who followed this story through all it's ups and downs.

/ Saving A Ford 3910
Anyone out there that might have a Ford 3910 for sale. I guess I still miss the 3910

/ Saving A Ford 3910 #196  
How about going to visit at the local farm?

/ Saving A Ford 3910 #197  
Thanks for the advice on mounting the pump, and I will look around for the compression adapter I need for the Ford 3 cylinder diesel. I would just buy the set, but I know I will not need the adapters for cars and trucks.
I did notice that the transmission fluid was milky looking, so that means water is in it, probably from sitting outside a lot in the weather, that means new fluid and filter, and also engine oil and filter change. Well like I said I am trying to save this Ford 3910 from the salvage yard. Maybe I can figure out how to post a few pics soon.
I wouldn't waste money on fluid. A few days using it, the hot oil will evaporate the water out. Maybe change filters.

/ Saving A Ford 3910 #198  
Ebay has 2 types of decals - black and light blue. It looks like the black ones are type 2. It looks like you have the light blue ones. They are $30 - $60.
I bought my wife one of those Cricut's for Christmas. She has made me decals and now tractor tee shirts and hats. They are handy to have.

/ Saving A Ford 3910 #199  
Thanks for the thread PM Wells. Good to see another Ford saved. I was die hard orange (Kubota and Allis Chalmers) but ever since I got my 67 Ford 3000 home I'm in love with that thing!
So much so that I am now going to have some more Ford tractor purchases in my future.

Want to look for a cab model and a lawn tractor next.