Saving A Ford 3910

/ Saving A Ford 3910 #171  
That's what I'm getting at.. U SHOULD use it on start up to warm the cylinders..
& if its leaking while the engine is running.. you'll get smoke..

/ Saving A Ford 3910
I agree, I will be checking to make sure it is working before starting the engine next time, very well could be part of the smoke problem. I liked what you said on another thread about diesel engine compression needing to be above 300 psi to start. Even though I didn't check the compression on my engine, it does start easy.

/ Saving A Ford 3910
Just wanted to update the project of Saving a Ford 3910 tractor. I have been using the tractor since doing all the work on it last fall, and the smoking has all but stopped when I fire it up. Like a lot of you said just use it and it may be ok, I think you were right. I had a set of 14.9 ag tires installed this summer, and am well pleased with the old 3910. Thanks for all the advice and help on this project.

/ Saving A Ford 3910 #174  
Thank you for the update. Glad it's working for you!!!! :)

/ Saving A Ford 3910 #175  
Glad to hear, post some updated pics

/ Saving A Ford 3910
Here is a few pics IMG_4786.JPGIMG_4787.JPGIMG_4793.JPGIMG_4790.JPG

/ Saving A Ford 3910 #177  
She's a Beaut!!!! Thanks for the pics!!!

/ Saving A Ford 3910
Thanks, I found the tires new never been on rims Titan 14.9x28 on FB marketplace in Va. The man had bought them a few years back to put on a tractor he was working on, and didnt use them. I wanted to get the turf tires off, so was glad to get them. I don't think that I will be painting the tractor anytime soon. Mostly just want to get it in good working condition. Again thanks to all who followed this thread, hope it will encourge someone to save that old tractor.

/ Saving A Ford 3910
I am thinking about painting the 3910. I believe it is to the point that the mechanical condition is good. I would like the appearence to be better, but don't like that new paint look either on an older tractor. Like other things about this tractor, it has been a toss up. Maybe some of you would offer your opinion, leave it as is, or make it shinny?? Thanks for any advice.

/ Saving A Ford 3910 #180  
I am thinking about painting the 3910. I believe it is to the point that the mechanical condition is good. I would like the appearence to be better, but don't like that new paint look either on an older tractor. Like other things about this tractor, it has been a toss up. Maybe some of you would offer your opinion, leave it as is, or make it shinny?? Thanks for any advice.

If it were mine, I would make it look like new,..... and be proud to have people see it.
I did that to my Ford 3400 TLB, and my Ford 1920 FEL.
Am working on my Kubota L48 TLB now.