Saving A Ford 3910

/ Saving A Ford 3910 #181  
You gotta make it shiny. If it had an overall rusty patina, you could clear coat it, but as it is now, it looks like a mongrel. New decals make new paint even better.

/ Saving A Ford 3910
Thanks for your comments, I think you have hit the nail on the head, it is a mongrel more or less in looks anyway. That may be the best reason to paint it, with new decals, and as we say make it shinny again. I guess I would like it better with some original age patina, but it is probably beyond that at this point. I have seen some tractors with new paint that looks more like a cover up. If I do paint it I would want to do it as right as possible for a tractor, with new seat, and front nose cone. Not like a Ford 3000 I bought one time with new paint, only thing they had painted over dirt and grime that had started to fall off.

/ Saving A Ford 3910 #183  
About a month ago I traded for a Ford 3910 tractor that had stopped running. The young man that owned it said he was doing some light grading with a box blade and it just stopped running, and after he tinkered with it over about a month off and on, he decided it must be the injection pump. I don't think he had owned it very long. I decided to take a chance on it. So far I have found that the tractor had not been maintained very well over the years. I drained the old fuel and cleaned the tank, replaced the fuel filter, poured in about 5 gal of new fuel. I had fuel everywhere at the pump, but would not get to the injectors. After some discussion with others familiar with Ford diesel tractors, I decided to send the pump for rebuild. I am hoping to get the tractor running to see what overall condition it is in. Hoping for the best.

You could sell it to me.
I'd make it look like new!

/ Saving A Ford 3910
That is a possibilty before I do anymore to it. The tractor has come a long way from where it was when I got it, other than a few minor things, it is ready to make it look good.

/ Saving A Ford 3910
Would some of you ford guys tell me when ordering decals for this Ford 3910 1985 model, would this be a series two model?

/ Saving A Ford 3910 #186  
There are lots of decals on Ebay.

/ Saving A Ford 3910 #187  
That's a good question. I'm not familiar enough to know when the started the Series II.

I would have guessed it was later than that.

If buying decals I would for sure check ebay and/or Amazon.

Hopefully someone will chime in with an answer for your question. I'm curious as well.

/ Saving A Ford 3910 #188  
Ebay has 2 types of decals - black and light blue. It looks like the black ones are type 2. It looks like you have the light blue ones. They are $30 - $60.

/ Saving A Ford 3910
I guess a mongrel wouldn't really care if it had the wrong color collar on it as long as it was nice and new.

/ Saving A Ford 3910 #190  
The Black does look better.