Searching for a truck I may never find?

/ Searching for a truck I may never find?
You can be stuck in hard mode if you want but those Allison’s have proved their worth.
You guessing the ask price?????

As of 4PM

$20,995 George2615
$23,456.78 Xfaxman
$24,899.23 Dodgeman
$29,900 MoKelly
$30,000 Rustyiron
$32,000 Lineman North Florida
$35,000 jjeff

Last call!!!!

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #253  
Based on the previous budget I don’t think you’d be seriously looking at 30k trucks so I’m guessing around 25k.

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #254  
Whatever the price is im guessing close or more than what it was purchased for brand-new. From previous used searches yrs ago for my truck, 2009, I recall was a year to avoid so Instead opened the wallet and bought new lol.

Final guesses are IN:

$20,995 George2615
$23,456.78 Xfaxman
$24,899.23 Dodgeman
$25,000 4750Man
$29,900 MoKelly
$30,000 Rustyiron
$32,000 Lineman North Florida
$35,000 jjeff

Would you believe……

$18,995???

I haven’t see the truck. I don’t really have the time to, either.

I’m just wondering if at that price, it’s worth taking a chance on, based on about 20 pictures, the low miles, how clean it looks, it is state inspected and it meets enough of my requirements and my budget?

Final step would be a carfax. I already did one free search and it showed mileage to be accurate and no accidents.
If I could find same truck, but 2007 or earlier to get rid of emissions, and it was a 3500, it would be in my driveway.
Thoughts at $18,995?

Last edited:
   / Searching for a truck I may never find? #256  
Imo it's a fair price with plow especially these days, 2009 is not a model year folks like me seek out though. Imo all manufacturers struggled with earlier dpf and def systems though. My 2016 def pump failed under warranty and under 20k miles. The Emission system has been flawless since, 6.5-7 years ago. I will say during regeneration of dpf systems in later models like mine a 9th injector feeds the canister for burn off during regen.

Yes, this is only year 2 for DPF. This is why I’d prefer 2006-2007.
Same HP, no emissions.

The ‘09 does have an integrated trailer brake controller, which is nice. Truck will run 99% local missions, so not too worried about being stranded.

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #258  
Yes, this is only year 2 for DPF. This is why I’d prefer 2006-2007.
Same HP, no emissions.

The ‘09 does have an integrated trailer brake controller, which is nice. Truck will run 99% local missions, so not too worried about being stranded.
I like my trucks OEM trailer brake controller cuz it works. Occasionally I do have to unplug then plug trailer harness back in to remove a warning message which has always worked for me. I also make sure I clean off and apply dielectric grease to the seven pin and four flat liberally after towing in winter especially. I'll say it again check the idler pulley and belt tensioner. For me it almost sounded like a problem with the turbo but thankfully wasn't.

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #259  
Quick question, curious does that year truck have an exhaust brake? Also if your running it around locally I'd consider a banks monitor they have gone up in price unfortunately I mostly set mine to monitor my def, and regeneration I imagine continuous short cycling regens wouldn't be beneficial and there's very limited indication from GM when it is in regen besides sounds. plugs into obd port put in corner of pillar on dash it
looks somewhat professional, Lol I'm to cheap to buy an actual pillar mount. Best of luck with your new Duramax. 👍

Last edited:
   / Searching for a truck I may never find? #260  
I wouldn't worry about the DPF. I couldn't tell you if my 08 GMC 2500HD ever had to regen.