Seized motor AC wd-45

/ Seized motor AC wd-45
Success! Empty parking spot never looked so good

Attachments

• image-925149367.jpg
    image-925149367.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 103
   / Seized motor AC wd-45
Left Family easter stuff to sneak by and toss parts on. Was a bad condenser but it got a coil and points too. Blew my mind how fast it started when I reached in and pulled the starter mechanism. It was like it had been running and I shut it off hot! Smoked like a train and blew a ton of crap out the stack. It cleared up and my father in law hopped on smiling jamming gears like he was a little kid again. It was like an rusty orange comet flying around the place. His best estimate was 30 years since it last ran. He sold it to his step dad for money to build a house and start a family. My father in law's father originally owned it but died at a young age. This thing has been all over my wife's family, lots of happy people today. Great Easter!

Performance notes: I Should buy a lottery ticket because carb was dead on-no adjustments at all. Engine felt strong I am curious on compression numbers though. Cylinder 1 has a big exhaust leak that needs to be looked into. Lift didnt move linkage felt seized down far. Need to grease everything still. Will have to pull rear rim and weld a patch on due to bad valve stem. Other than that it's onto the cub and wide front wd45. Will post some pics of the wd45 now that it can get out in the light.

/ Seized motor AC wd-45 #33  
good empty space! :)

/ Seized motor AC wd-45
Cub tank is making progress should be "ok" by Saturday. I have a ignorant eight hour waste of time safety class Saturday now so my window will be short. Attached a picture of a lacquer thinner can that was clean I just drained tank into it. The drain off was like 520 armaflex glue. Also a bad shot of inside of tank but I can see bottom.

Attachments

• image-1676941633.jpg
    image-1676941633.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 109
  • image-3872807718.jpg
    image-3872807718.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 107
   / Seized motor AC wd-45
Just in time for the weekend.

Attachments

• image-4165775523.jpg
    image-4165775523.jpg
    413.7 KB · Views: 88
   / Seized motor AC wd-45 #36  
Looking good, hope to hear some good news on the cub

/ Seized motor AC wd-45 #37  
Tank looks great..!! What did you clean it with..??

/ Seized motor AC wd-45
It had two twenty four hour soaks in lacquer thinner to remove the gas tar layer. Yesterday I diluted muratic acid closely monitored, flushed with water, then flushed twice with baking soda and water. Last I flushed it with pb blaster to prevent rusting. It still has some rust flakes floating around which is next to impossible to get them all. So I made a jig to attach to the gas cap. Little bit of chain, JB weld and a smoke detector magnet i had laying around to help along the cleanup.

Attachments

• image-2142257584.jpg
    image-2142257584.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 94
   / Seized motor AC wd-45
Can't stress it enough always wear your ppe when handling acid!

/ Seized motor AC wd-45 #40  
I thought it looked like you had coated the tank on the inside. Nice clean up job. A 2 oz per gallon of Sea Foam mix in the new gas may help prevent rust and future build up.