Front-End Loader Self Leveling Loaders

/ Self Leveling Loaders #12  
I wonder if the OP is talking about the bucket returning to level automaticly after dumping.I can't think of the correct term at the moment.
Bill

/ Self Leveling Loaders #13  
Self leveling loaders refers to a mechanism, either mechanical linkage or hydraulic, whereby the bucket maintains its relative angle to the ground throughout the loader lift range. I have not seen a hydraulic system on smaller tractors, but I have seen several examples of mechanical linkage designs. I thought some pictures would help the discussion.

The pictures will be in order 1) theory of mechanical linkage, 2) small Yanmar, 3) small Ford, and 4) a commercially available (Trima) self leveling loader.

5-6) In my opinion the coolest loader is a high lift version from Frey--They make the linkage type and conventional also. The High lift version is a linkage type with a twist in that the loader arm straighten through the lift range moving the load more forward and higher than what conventional loader arms would be capable.

When I find it again I will post a link for the hydraulic leveling system.

Mike

Mike

Attachments

• slf leveling loader theory.JPG
    slf leveling loader theory.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 2,513
  • 1301D with leveling bucket.jpg
    1301D with leveling bucket.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 648
  • self leveling loader.JPG
    self leveling loader.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 2,262
  • Trima +5.0 P loader.jpg
    Trima +5.0 P loader.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 1,419
  • hr1100_diagram.gif
    hr1100_diagram.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,131
  • Frey high reach loader 3.jpg
    Frey high reach loader 3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 830
   / Self Leveling Loaders #15  
My question is about loader performance with a Hydro self level feature?
Does it hurt loader cycle times and or lifting capacities?
Kubota gives you a lever to engage and disengage the self leveling feature. Why if it doesn't take anything away from its performance? Seems to me it would...

/ Self Leveling Loaders #16  
Not so much of a performance hit as without the self leveling feature you have more range of motion for the bucket. more curl when raised and more dump when down low.

Mike

/ Self Leveling Loaders #17  
Can someone explain these to me like I'm a 10 year old girl?

What are the advantages? How do they work? Is it mostly a safty feature or is it helpful in productivity? What tasks might they be important for?

Any help is appreciated.

if you've ever loaded a trailer or a barn with large round bales, you'd know why you'd want a self leveling loader! The self leveling loader holds the orientation of the bucket or the bale spear as you raise and lower the load. If you don't have that feature, you have to constantly adjust the curl cylinders to maintain the correct bucket orientation as you raise and lower the load.

/ Self Leveling Loaders #18  
My question is about loader performance with a Hydro self level feature?
Does it hurt loader cycle times and or lifting capacities?
Kubota gives you a lever to engage and disengage the self leveling feature. Why if it doesn't take anything away from its performance? Seems to me it would...

First off, yes it slows cycle times down. You have fluid going to 4 cylinders instead of just 2. On mine, (Mahindra 7520) it supposedly cuts the lift capacity by some, but no one knew how much. As far as Kubota having an on-off lever for their hydraulic self leveling loader, I sometimes wish that mine had that option. (mine is on all the time, no way to turn it off) It would be nice to have it off when you are using the loader at lower levels. That way when you lift the bucket to say transport height, the bucket does not have to be curled again to keep the material in. Each type of system has it's quirks I suppose, and we get use to them.

/ Self Leveling Loaders #19  
Not so much of a performance hit as without the self leveling feature you have more range of motion for the bucket. more curl when raised and more dump when down low.

Mike

Mike, how is the range of motion altered with a hydraulic self leveling system? :confused: I know that range of motion can be a problem with some of the mechanical types, but I don't see how it affects a hydraulic type.

/ Self Leveling Loaders #20  
First off, yes it slows cycle times down. You have fluid going to 4 cylinders instead of just 2. On mine, (Mahindra 7520) it supposedly cuts the lift capacity by some, but no one knew how much. As far as Kubota having an on-off lever for their hydraulic self leveling loader, I sometimes wish that mine had that option. (mine is on all the time, no way to turn it off) It would be nice to have it off when you are using the loader at lower levels. That way when you lift the bucket to say transport height, the bucket does not have to be curled again to keep the material in. Each type of system has it's quirks I suppose, and we get use to them.
This sounds about right to me. Thought there would be a "catch" to hydro self leveling. Thanks for the post.