Self powered Front End Loader Snow Blower ?

/ Self powered Front End Loader Snow Blower ? #1  

RickSr

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra Emax 20s HST
Hi, I have a Mahindra emax 20 hst. I recently bought a Bercomac 48 inch / Honda 20 hp snow blower that I’m thinking of putting on my fel. I couldn’t pass up the deal. The person I bought it from only used it once and lost his contact, it only has 4.5 hours on it, it is literally like new. I put a quick attach plate on it, so my question is, do you think the emax 20 is capable of handling it ?
The weight comes it at about 500 lbs give or take a few lbs. this model Bercomac blower cost around $ 8,500.00 new. I paid $ 3,000.00. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

/ Self powered Front End Loader Snow Blower ? #2  
The lift capacity on your front end loader will determine your capability. I know that the lift capcity is in the 600 lb range, so ballast on the rear will need to play a role in the balancing act for traction.
Keep us updated on how it works out. I think you got a real bargain.

/ Self powered Front End Loader Snow Blower ?
The lift capacity on your front end loader will determine your capability. I know that the lift capcity is in the 600 lb range, so ballast on the rear will need to play a role in the balancing act for traction.
Thanks Dean, yes most definitely I have a 48 inch back blade with 10 / 42 lb Jd weights that I hook right on the back blade the jd weights alone give me 420 lbs, plus the weight of the back blade which I think is about another between 180- 200 lbs so I think I’ll have enough of ballast. I’m in the process of getting it all set up now, I already have the quick attach plate mounted to the blower, a few other tweaks and I’m ready to go. I will definitely let you know when the snow starts flying, and I’ll send some pictures or a video showing how I did it. I really hope it works I’ve been thinking about doing this for quite some time now, I just didn’t want to spend $ 8,500.00 on a new Bercomac blower to find out, but at the price I paid if it doesn’t work I’ll get $ 6,000 as soon as the snow comes. I’m telling you this blower looks like it belongs in the showroom, it doesn’t even have rust on the cutting edge. Lol Thanks for the response. 👍

/ Self powered Front End Loader Snow Blower ? #4  
How does that sort of thing work on an ATV without lift capability? Does it just wheel along? If so, I'd imagine the maxx should be fine... as long as you don't expect to have to pick it up. From what I can see, it extends out a bit. If it's really 500#, it may be too much to lift, but if an ATV doesn't need to lift it hopefully you don't either.

How does that sort of thing work on an ATV without lift capability? Does it just wheel along? If so, I'd imagine the maxx should be fine... as long as you don't expect to have to pick it up. From what I can see, it extends out a bit. If it's really 500#, it may be too much to lift, but if an ATV doesn't need to lift it hopefully you don't either.
No the ATV’s uses a winch to lift it, then it resets on a set of wheels attached to a frame. Don’t forget my emax has a lift capacity of 618 lbs.

/ Self powered Front End Loader Snow Blower ? #7  
Is this it?? Seems they are a light build but I've not used one. Do keep us posted.
s-l1600.jpg

/ Self powered Front End Loader Snow Blower ? #10  
I had the 60 inch 27 HP. Kohler model on my old TYM T330 and I don't think it weighed any more then 500 lbs. It did blow snow really well. I think you will be happy with it.
IMG_0664 (2).JPG
IMG_0668 (2).JPG