Service truck business

/ Service truck business #21  
Ryan -

Sounds like an interesting venture! I would say you're a few steps up already having the truck, knowing the requirements about the service body, and possibly striking a deal with you're current employer.
As others have said and with any new owner business, you're going to put in some long hours, inclement weather, insurance requirements, etc. etc. But running your own business and being the boss brings its advantages as well.

I've had to call a service truck for some work on my Dozer, I'm here to tell you it was a LOT of $$$$ for a short amount of time. :(:thumbsup::laughing: (good for you, bad for me!)
I'm right up the street from you on I-77, exit 93....what about this oil boom thing?

Best of luck with the business!

Frank

/ Service truck business
About the oil boom thing i dont know to much other than everyone is saying its goin be big. Goin bring money to the area. Some of the guys i work with have been signing land leases for $3,000-5,000 per acre for 5 yrs. So im just guessing must be something down there.

/ Service truck business #23  
About the oil boom thing i dont know to much other than everyone is saying its goin be big. Goin bring money to the area. Some of the guys i work with have been signing land leases for $3,000-5,000 per acre for 5 yrs. So im just guessing must be something down there.

What is that play being called?

/ Service truck business #25  

Is it the Utica play?

Play is a term used to refer to the activity of developing oil and gas in an area for identification of the area.

The Marcellus play, Haynesville play, Barnett pay, Eagle Ford play, etc.

Sounds like the Utica and Marcellus may overlap.

/ Service truck business
Utica i believe

/ Service truck business #27  
Utica i believe

Then it is predicted to be a very big play. That is if you can believe Aubrey McClendon. :)

The Eagle Ford has been booming south of San Antonio for about a year and the Haynesville in East Texas/Western Louisiana, Barnett in the DFW area.

It does bring in the money and if you can provide a service they need you can make money.

/ Service truck business #28  
I can tell you that around where I live, it's hard to find a good dozer owner/operator who has much spare time. The good one's with reliable equipment and transportation are busy in the oil patch putting in roads and pads.

My stepson worked for an oil field service company that primarily provided water services to well sites for fracking operations. The company grew rapidly and expanded their operations to renting pumps and other water sourcing equipment. They were eventually bought by a much larger service company.

My point is that there are many ways to specialize and grow a business in support of drilling operations. Your service truck might be just the type of thing that fits you and works well, but there may be many other opportunities once you get your foot in the door with producers. You have to position yourself so you are ready to move in a hurry. Here is a brief example of the kind of impact drilling will have.

From Wise County Messenger
ECONOMIC IMPACT OF THE SHALE A recently-released study by Waco-based economist Ray Perryman shows that drilling in the Barnett Shale has generated approximately $8.5 billion in Wise County since 2001 and has helped create 13,034 jobs. In the 24-county region of North Texas, the Barnett Shale has generated an estimated $65.4 billion.

/ Service truck business #29  
   / Service truck business
Well found another bed i could possibly make work. Its a 2007 maintainer brand like i want with a 10,000lbs tall tower crane, hyd drive ingersoll-rand compressor, and ranger 250 welder with 550hrs thats built into the front curbside box. Its a cat service truck thats been rolled over. The bed,crane,welder,compressor are within reason on price. Less than what just a new crane cost. The crane and welder aint hurt but body needs some work. Front driver side boxes are pretty tweaked.