Share One Safety Tip

/ Share One Safety Tip #21  
First safety rule ... "slow down and think"

/ Share One Safety Tip #22  
Always have the emergency brake in your truck on & wheel chocks in place (I put them in front of the front wheels, and on my trailer wheels now) while driving your tractor onto a trailer. If the back end of the truck comes up/gets light while you're still on the backend of the trailer and you don't have the brake on/chocks in place, the truck can start rolling forward.

/ Share One Safety Tip #23  
As a transport, I would agree with you. The FEL is not the right tool. As a ladder, the FEL is perfect. There is some movement associated with it being a ladder, but the main purpose is not the movement itself. And I don't know about anybody else, but when I move it, it takes seconds to count the wheel revolutions and is done at considerably less than full height.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/safety/184524-toddler-dies-front-end-loader.html

I think most of us can agree on that if someone reads this safety related tread and in the future it keeps just one person from getting injured or killed it was worth it. :thumbsup:
Will be looking forward to other posters advise or experiences.

Boone

/ Share One Safety Tip #24  
ROPS up - seatbelt on
ROPS down - seatbelt off

/ Share One Safety Tip #25  
Here's mine....When getting off a tractor with engine running, DON'T

Why anyone would get off a tractor while it running is beyond me. Number one it cost nothing to turn the tractor off and number two it takes a few seconds to restart it.

Now for some of the many things that can go wrong.

1 - It can slip into gear as you exit and can run you over.
2 - It can slip in gear and shoot off down.
3 - You can trip getting off hit the shifter and roll under the tires.
4 - You can hook a pant leg while it drops in gear and drags your lifeless body down the road till you hit a tree.
5 - You can slip hit your head fall onto the shifter lunging th tractor forward till you crash.
6- You can hit the fuel pedal on an auto tractor lunging it forward at the same time throwing you off under the read wheels.

/ Share One Safety Tip
Whats a "shuttle mechanical safety interlock"? I don't think my L4200GST has one of those.

JayC

Here is what it looks like on my L3650 GST.

Attachments

• Shuttle Neutral Lock.jpg
    Shuttle Neutral Lock.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 101
   / Share One Safety Tip #27  
For tractor work...
"load light - carry low"

For chain work...
When attaching a slip hook around any item, face the hook opening away from the direction of travel.

/ Share One Safety Tip #28  
Originally posted by Dr Zinj -- 10-13-2011 "The Ten Commandments of Tractor Safety" Very informative and well worth viewing. I realize that it includes more than "ONE" safety tip, but I think it will meet the OP's approval.

/ Share One Safety Tip #29  
Always have the emergency brake in your truck on & wheel chocks in place (I put them in front of the front wheels, and on my trailer wheels now) while driving your tractor onto a trailer. If the back end of the truck comes up/gets light while you're still on the backend of the trailer and you don't have the brake on/chocks in place, the truck can start rolling forward.

better bet is to block the rear of the trailer.. that KEEPS it from unloading the rear of the truck.. etc.

soundguy

/ Share One Safety Tip #30  
For tractor work...
"load light - carry low"

For chain work...
When attaching a slip hook around any item, face the hook opening away from the direction of travel.

and when using a chain, lay a piece of carpet over the chain, or slip it thru a fire hose. it helps to arrest sling and backlash if the chain breaks.

soundguy