Shipping Containers

/ Shipping Containers #61  
I got a 1-trip doors-both-ends HC. I know you can cut in doors later, and you can grind/sand/repaint rust, but I wanted something I could use now that looked as good as a container can look and wouldn't add yet more to my never ending list of things to do (I already had to prepare a pad near our barn by cutting into a hill and moving about 90 yards of dirt to prepare a place for it).

Mine came in as close to new condition as you could imagine; no dings, paint is perfect. On our hottest days this summer (upper 90's) with the container in partial sun it was fine going in it - the little vents seem to do their thing. Floor is excellent, or was until the tractor tracked in mud. I sweep it out every once in a while. The other doors on the end are great for quickly accessing other things. I'm 100% glad I got what I got and am happy to have paid extra for the instant space.

Interested in what you paid. I just received a quote for a double door high cube. Price was $5,900.00

/ Shipping Containers #62  
Price varies greatly depending on location. I ordered a high cube 40’ yesterday for $1975 delivered. I’m about 50 miles from a couple of major rail yards.

Buck, where did you get your High Cube from? Have you already received it? Looking for one myself.

Thanks,

/ Shipping Containers #63  
Be sure you check condition of the container. I bought a 1-trip and it was only ~$500 more than a well used one. I'm about 3 hours from a port so shipping was a factor and ended up around $500 about 5 years ago.

/ Shipping Containers #64  
Buck, where did you get your High Cube from? Have you already received it? Looking for one myself.

Thanks,

It was delivered this week. It is from an outfit out of Memphis. I will have to look at the paperwork to get the name. The container was in pretty good condition. It had two small patches on the top but otherwise very good condition with no rust.

Attachments

• A6C540AB-1590-4812-AD96-A97AFCB09171.jpeg
    A6C540AB-1590-4812-AD96-A97AFCB09171.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 137
   / Shipping Containers #65  
It was delivered this week. It is from an outfit out of Memphis. I will have to look at the paperwork to get the name. The container was in pretty good condition. It had two small patches on the top but otherwise very good condition with no rust.

Looking good Buck!

/ Shipping Containers #66  
What I was quoted in July delivered to my Ozarks property. $2430 for a 20 foot standard delivered, 40' $2630 40' high cube $125 more My concern with a 40' was getting it down the county road and a delivery guy who might not be able to back into my lot without me having to take down about 30' of fence. Also I know my backhoe can probably move a 20' much easier than a 40'.

/ Shipping Containers #67  
What I was quoted in July delivered to my Ozarks property. $2430 for a 20 foot standard delivered, 40' $2630 40' high cube $125 more My concern with a 40' was getting it down the county road and a delivery guy who might not be able to back into my lot without me having to take down about 30' of fence. Also I know my backhoe can probably move a 20' much easier than a 40'.

Prices seem very reasonable. If I go 40' I want a double door which really drives the price up because most are new or one trip.

Not sure that my tractor, loader and bush hog will fit in a 20'er. If it would I would likely go with two 20 footers.

/ Shipping Containers #68  
Back in February I had a 20' unit delivered for $1875 from a a different guy out of Houston MO who was cheaper than my quote earlier in the thread. It had two small patches that looked to be recently done. He didn't know how he would negotiate this sharp turn 3/4 mile away since he only had a 40' trailer. Several weeks go by so I message him to see if he found a smaller trailer. They hooked up with a local auto wrecker that had a 20' roll back. Mine has the small vents in it but it's gotten hot enough I stopped storing stuff affected by heat recently and put them back in the barn.
Shipping Container 1.jpg
Shipping Container 3.jpg

/ Shipping Containers #69  
I got two 1 x trip containers for AU$2500 each. They are 20 ft containers. We have an explosives facility nearby and they use new containers that are lined with plywood for safety reasons. They came filled with explosives from China. They must regard them as disposable to only use them once. Not sure you could build them for that price.
They had the name of the ship and all paperwork with them.
Interesting thing was it was the first trip for the ship since it was released by pirates who had captured it months before.
I use one as a mancave and the other for the XUV and storage.