Shipping Tractors

/ Shipping Tractors #141  
:unsure:

/ Shipping Tractors #142  
LOL at y'all arguing about pipelines and oil supply. [ puts on flame suit ]

Consider: Oil and energy prices should be higher. Like, way, way higher. Cheap energy prices is perhaps the single worst part of the history of human existence on this planet.

Wah wah wah about your diesel fuel prices. So raise your price quotes if you need to. If your goods or services are essential, people will pay the surcharge. If they aren't, then good riddance to your superfluous consumption of earth's finite resources; find something more productive and necessary to do.

If gas/diesel prices doubled overnight, we would still drive to work, drive to get groceries, pay more for our food and goods, and run our tractors. Yes, it would hurt, and I understand how regressive this is for our impoverished and low income compatriots. But everyone commenting in this forum has such an insanely high standard of living, it's crazy. And clearly unsustainable for the planet. Reducing consumption is our only chance at saving this place.H
This is sickening, you been listening to Al Gore.

/ Shipping Tractors #143  
This is sickening, you been listening to Al Gore.
Lol, no, man. He's just a straw man of the past at this point anyway.

I knew a lot of you guys would hate my thoughts in that post, and that's ok. Whether you think humans are responsible for climate change or not, it seems pretty obvious that we shouldn't be pumping carbon fuels into the atmosphere (among so many other ground-level carcinogens) at this rate. 8-10 billion people on this planet.... not going to work out long term.

We don't have to feel guilty about where we are now, or what you consume in a typical day. Our culture and society fed us right into these lifestyles. But we have the power and capability to choose how much further we push ourselves off the cliff.

I mean, ****, even the current war in Ukraine is about fossil fuels, ultimately. If the majority of our electricity and transportation fuel simply came from the sun, it would put a huge dent in global conflict. We're all addicted to cheap oil and it's clearly hurting the planet, and ourselves.

/ Shipping Tractors #144  
LOL at y'all arguing about pipelines and oil supply. [ puts on flame suit ]

Consider: Oil and energy prices should be higher. Like, way, way higher. Cheap energy prices is perhaps the single worst part of the history of human existence on this planet.

Wah wah wah about your diesel fuel prices. So raise your price quotes if you need to. If your goods or services are essential, people will pay the surcharge. If they aren't, then good riddance to your superfluous consumption of earth's finite resources; find something more productive and necessary to do.

If gas/diesel prices doubled overnight, we would still drive to work, drive to get groceries, pay more for our food and goods, and run our tractors. Yes, it would hurt, and I understand how regressive this is for our impoverished and low income compatriots. But everyone commenting in this forum has such an insanely high standard of living, it's crazy. And clearly unsustainable for the planet. Reducing consumption is our only chance at saving this place.
Well looks like they will go down... US energy agency revises up oil price forecast for 2022

/ Shipping Tractors #146  
Lol, no, man. He's just a straw man of the past at this point anyway.

I knew a lot of you guys would hate my thoughts in that post, and that's ok. Whether you think humans are responsible for climate change or not, it seems pretty obvious that we shouldn't be pumping carbon fuels into the atmosphere (among so many other ground-level carcinogens) at this rate. 8-10 billion people on this planet.... not going to work out long term.

We don't have to feel guilty about where we are now, or what you consume in a typical day. Our culture and society fed us right into these lifestyles. But we have the power and capability to choose how much further we push ourselves off the cliff.

I mean, ****, even the current war in Ukraine is about fossil fuels, ultimately. If the majority of our electricity and transportation fuel simply came from the sun, it would put a huge dent in global conflict. We're all addicted to cheap oil and it's clearly hurting the planet, and ourselves.
You are so right...
Just think a short time ago (in the history of the world) this land we are standing on now was covered in glaciers.
And just a few years ago we had scientific proof we were headed into another ice age.
And it's ALL caused by humans but don't worry, humans can control climate.
We have proven that, ***** caused tornados & hurricanes.

/ Shipping Tractors #147  
You are so right...
Just think a short time ago (in the history of the world) this land we are standing on now was covered in glaciers.
And just a few years ago we had scientific proof we were headed into another ice age.
And it's ALL caused by humans but don't worry, humans can control climate.
We have proven that, ***** caused tornados & hurricanes.
Please don’t ever try to teach science.

/ Shipping Tractors #148  
All energy comes from the sun. We have been told that oil was plants and animals that died millions of years ago. Oil is something that stores the energy. We burn it and the energy is released. One of the issues is how to store large amounts of energy for later use. Current batteries are just not good enough. Also is how to pack more energy into a smaller package. If you could only make a battery to drive a car 1,000 miles, only weight 100 pounds, be able to charged/replaced in 15 minutes, only cost $250 and produce no pollution when manufactured or disposed of.
I wish there were enough hydro plants to power everything. But then even those slow down or stop the rivers. Nuclear is an option, if done safely. But a lot of people think, it will never be safe enough.
I think I could have lived in the foot hills years ago. Burned wood, plowed with horses. No cars, but then what would I do without my tractor?

/ Shipping Tractors #150  
All energy comes from the sun. We have been told that oil was plants and animals that died millions of years ago. Oil is something that stores the energy. We burn it and the energy is released. One of the issues is how to store large amounts of energy for later use. Current batteries are just not good enough. Also is how to pack more energy into a smaller package. If you could only make a battery to drive a car 1,000 miles, only weight 100 pounds, be able to charged/replaced in 15 minutes, only cost $250 and produce no pollution when manufactured or disposed of.
I wish there were enough hydro plants to power everything. But then even those slow down or stop the rivers. Nuclear is an option, if done safely. But a lot of people think, it will never be safe enough.
I think I could have lived in the foot hills years ago. Burned wood, plowed with horses. No cars, but then what would I do without my tractor?

I don’t think geothermal energy doesn’t come from the sun. Not all nuclear energy is derived from the sun, but the sun’s energy is nuclear. I suppose you could say that gravity is ultimately responsible for geothermal, the sun’s nuclear fusion, and radioactive elements. Like anyone really knows what gravity is.