Should I be nervous?

/ Should I be nervous? #11  
Just stopped by a dealer in KY today, They have New Holland and just recently lost Mahindra, they told me it was because they weren't selling enough Mahindras and the rep pulled their dealership.

/ Should I be nervous? #12  
I don稚 see the need to worry. The odds are, you値l never need a dealers help if you do most stuff yourself. If it ends up you do need one, and hour isn稚 that bad
I bought my bx23 at a dealer 58 miles from here .
I don't consider that bad at all.

/ Should I be nervous? #13  
I would not be concerned about the parts, we do alot of parts buisiness to other areas of the country and would be happy to assit you with parts and also if you have questions with the tractor feel free to give me a call. We have parts look up diagrams, secure online ordering and if you can't find it or need help please call. mahindrapartsonline.com or www.NewEnglandTractor.com

Scott

/ Should I be nervous? #14  
I placed an order with New England Tractor parts. The Person I talked to was very helpful and nice. I got my order Yesterday. The Parts were just what I ordered. I have a Mahindra 2810 TLB gear drive. 905 Hours and this is My first break down. Thanks New England Parts.
Mr poppy

/ Should I be nervous? #15  
I drove by my dealer this weekend for the first time in a few months. I noticed the Mahindra sign is down (he sells JD also) and none of the red tractors were outside. I stopped in this morning and found out that they dropped the Mahindra line sighting a lack of support in parts. They also said that they will not be carrying any parts stock from now on.

My 2015 has about 250 hours on it. I haven't had to buy parts thus far (knock on wood) other than filters. The next closest Mahindra dealer is probably an hour away.

If I have an issue, what should be my course of action? I do all of my own maintenance and repairs but if something major happens I'm afraid that I'll be out in the cold.

Any thoughts on this? I always appreciate the insight of the TBN group...

A dealer usually has the option to retain a parts account, sometimes it is only on a cash basis. But, if the dealer during the buyback asks to have all of his parts inventory bought back by the MFG then they will terminate his parts account. I would bet in this case it was the latter. Never understood the philosophy though, if the dealer supports the customer not only does he make money on parts he retains a happy customer who in this case might look at green next time.

As far as parts they have been seamless from Mahindra so I think the "parts support" comment was not just BS but an outright lie.

Buck

/ Should I be nervous? #16  
I bought my 6500 4wd from a tractor dealer in SC that has a nice shop and a New Holland dealership. THe last time I visited him there were 3 mahindras on his lot and up on a hill. Two months ago they had a half of a dozen or so of the small tractors. I sat down with the owner and asked him what the blanky blank was going on. He claimed warranty reimbursement. I know there is always two sides to a story.

I bought from that dealer because he had a nice shop and provided with me with some barely used skid steer quick disconnect attachments. I even paid $500 more for the tractor than a dealer I could have bought from closer but also worked on automobiles (but nice folks).

I even bought a second Mahindra on Ebay thinking I had it all together with access to a good shop if I needed it and a fairly close parts house.
My salesman also came and installed a tooth bar on my loader for no fee.
Very nice dealership.

Now I am PO'd and am planning on writing Mahindra.
I will take advice.
Yes I know I can order parts. I can even do some minor real work.

The new under 70 hp Deeres are all Indian made. I can buy a small Mitsubishu tractor under alot of brands. I can buy a small utility Korean tractor under alot of names.

I need to let my 2wd 4505 go - need another 40 to 50 hp 4wd- stuck too many times.
I have 120 acres and two farms and I am tired of playing. I need reasonable parts prices and something that will stand the test of a reasonable amount of time.

I don't want a Branson. I don't want a Montana. I don't want an Indian John Deere.
I want a reliable, tractor competent & reasonably close Mahindra dealer. I know of one other dealer that dropped the Mahindra line very close to me 3 years ago and I should have investigated that yellow flag.

AGAIN I will take advice.
I have current and future needs and need to make some strategic decisions.
I also own 3 tractors.

Michelle
(a farm girl & farms owner from SC)

/ Should I be nervous? #17  
'I don't want an Indian John Deere'

Are they performing worse than the indian made mahindras? I haven't heard anything

/ Should I be nervous? #18  
MrPoppy, glad we could help you and thank you for the business.

/ Should I be nervous? #19  
I bought my 6500 4wd from a tractor dealer in SC that has a nice shop and a New Holland dealership. THe last time I visited him there were 3 mahindras on his lot and up on a hill. Two months ago they had a half of a dozen or so of the small tractors. I sat down with the owner and asked him what the blanky blank was going on. He claimed warranty reimbursement. I know there is always two sides to a story.

I bought from that dealer because he had a nice shop and provided with me with some barely used skid steer quick disconnect attachments. I even paid $500 more for the tractor than a dealer I could have bought from closer but also worked on automobiles (but nice folks).

I even bought a second Mahindra on Ebay thinking I had it all together with access to a good shop if I needed it and a fairly close parts house.
My salesman also came and installed a tooth bar on my loader for no fee.
Very nice dealership.

Now I am PO'd and am planning on writing Mahindra.
I will take advice.
Yes I know I can order parts. I can even do some minor real work.

The new under 70 hp Deeres are all Indian made. I can buy a small Mitsubishu tractor under alot of brands. I can buy a small utility Korean tractor under alot of names.

I need to let my 2wd 4505 go - need another 40 to 50 hp 4wd- stuck too many times.
I have 120 acres and two farms and I am tired of playing. I need reasonable parts prices and something that will stand the test of a reasonable amount of time.

I don't want a Branson. I don't want a Montana. I don't want an Indian John Deere.
I want a reliable, tractor competent & reasonably close Mahindra dealer. I know of one other dealer that dropped the Mahindra line very close to me 3 years ago and I should have investigated that yellow flag.

AGAIN I will take advice.
I have current and future needs and need to make some strategic decisions.
I also own 3 tractors.

Michelle
(a farm girl & farms owner from SC)

Michelle,
I am confused. Is one of your Mahindras broke and you can't get parts, or is your dealer us not stocking much tractor inventory?
hugs, Brandi

/ Should I be nervous? #20  
The 4505 DI is still having shifting issues- no low range after spraying lube down the shaft and changing fluid. My dealer is not stocking tractors and is dropping the mahindras. I lost my personal face to face with the dealer I bought the 6500 with. Last time I tryed to call the shop they said they threw out the 4505 shop books. I am still buying parts for now, but the owner is struggling with what to do since he has alot of mahindra owners out there. I know I can buy parts from the good folks here online and get their help. Compare this though to the Zetor networking and the Deere every corner you turn there is a dealer and a parts house and folks willing to help you through your problems face to face.