Show What Tool You Made*

/ Show What Tool You Made* #492  
But what the heck kind of coat are you wearing what needs a winch to hang up its coat hanger?:laughing:
That's for the deer and bears to skin it's a lot easier to skin them on your feet then the floor.

/ Show What Tool You Made* #495  
Put this one in the ultra crude and simple category. But I find it very useful when I assemble my choker chains. I put a pin formed from 5/16" rod on the loose end of the choker to make it easy to feed the chain under a log. I made this bending jig I use with my torch to put an eyelet in the rod. Just two bolts welded on a piece of 1/4 that I can hold in the vise.

BendingJig1.JPG

BendingJig2.JPG

gg

/ Show What Tool You Made* #496  
Put this one in the ultra crude and simple category. But I find it very useful when I assemble my choker chains. I put a pin formed from 5/16" rod on the loose end of the choker to make it easy to feed the chain under a log. I made this bending jig I use with my torch to put an eyelet in the rod. Just two bolts welded on a piece of 1/4 that I can hold in the vise.

View attachment 516671

View attachment 516672

gg

Cool, a bending jig. suitable for bending all sorts of things..:thumbsup:

/ Show What Tool You Made* #497  
gg
What goes on the end of the rod and what are you using these choker chains for?
hugs, Brandi

/ Show What Tool You Made* #498  
The chokers are used to connect a log(s) to a winch cable. The pins on the end of the choker chain are pushed under the log laying on the ground and then pulled thru from the other side so you can get the chain under to make a wrap. Much easier than trying to push the floppy chain under.

ViewHitch2.JPG

gg

/ Show What Tool You Made* #499  
The chokers are used to connect a log(s) to a winch cable. The pins on the end of the choker chain are pushed under the log laying on the ground and then pulled thru from the other side so you can get the chain under to make a wrap. Much easier than trying to push the floppy chain under.

View attachment 516689

gg

If you were good like me you would just lay a series of chokers on the ground and then fell the tree ONTO the chokers. I like to do it this way as it saves a little time but that's just me. You should try it.

I also cut my felling notch such that the remaining usable trunk is exactly divisible by my sawyer preferred log length. This way there is less waste. You do have to take into account the width of your chain kerf. But that's just how I like to do it. :cool:

/ Show What Tool You Made* #500  
If you were good like me you would just lay a series of chokers on the ground and then fell the tree ONTO the chokers. I like to do it this way as it saves a little time but that's just me. You should try it.

Don't know why I never thought to do it that way. Much easier than bending all those rods :D

gg