Show What Tool You Made*

/ Show What Tool You Made* #521  
I made this choker for pulling trees and bushes. Just used it a few days ago works great. The choker hook posted here would go well with my choker. So I'm going to make choker hook.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 321
   / Show What Tool You Made* #522  
Here is a good example of needing a special tool. I had to change the oil pressure sensor on my Dodge Diesel Ram. So I purchased the dedicated socket. The problem I had was I had an interference fit. The socket would not go straight on the socket. Forcing it on I broke the old sensor. Time for Plan B for the install. All I had was a HF open end wrench. Cut down I had enough room for the install. As pointed out here HF tools are good for making special tools. I usually go to a pawn shop and buy assorted tools to keep on hand.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    748.6 KB · Views: 266
   / Show What Tool You Made* #523  
Finally done. Hooks in place, toothbar complete and two holes in the bucket for my modified tee post driver.

20170812_175709.jpg

/ Show What Tool You Made* #524  
Oh electrical trouble shooting. I could not live without this tester. Both do the same thing. The left one is in my portable tool box and the right I keep at the airport. It helped me to troubleshoot a nose landing gear problem on a retractable geared airplane. I had a stuck on starter on my tractor I had to disconnect the battery to stop the starter. Using this tool I traced it to worn insulation on a wire in the stater circuit. Easy fix and in both cases I worked solo. Neat tool.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    688 KB · Views: 256
   / Show What Tool You Made* #525  
Ok last one. Water hose reels. What a pain, they always leak on me. I bought 2 hand cart types. It didn't take too long for the leaks. Changing O'rings did not help. The metal used just wore out. So I set to make my own. This is the prototype. I used the reel from the store bought model and made the feeder tube and swivel out of PVC. Any leaks I fix with some O'rings. So far no leaks. I just used it yesterday while burning my burn pile. Not pretty but it works.

I've been determined to make a better swiveling model for behind the shop. Just don't have the time. Some day.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 285
   / Show What Tool You Made* #526  
I'm curious what you used to make the swivel. I need to make one of those at some point.

Aaron Z

/ Show What Tool You Made* #527  
Ok last one. Water hose reels. What a pain, they always leak on me. I bought 2 hand cart types. It didn't take too long for the leaks. Changing O'rings did not help. The metal used just wore out. So I set to make my own. This is the prototype. I used the reel from the store bought model and made the feeder tube and swivel out of PVC. Any leaks I fix with some O'rings. So far no leaks. I just used it yesterday while burning my burn pile. Not pretty but it works.

I've been determined to make a better swiveling model for behind the shop. Just don't have the time. Some day.

If you decide to buy these aren't cheap but you actually get what you pay for (and then some... Also all USA) :
Garden Hose Reels, Garden Hoses & Watering Tools – Eley Hose Reels

/ Show What Tool You Made* #528  

If you decide to buy, these aren't cheap but you actually get what you pay for (and then some... Also all USA) :
Garden Hose Reels, Garden Hoses & Watering Tools – Eley Hose Reels

/ Show What Tool You Made* #529  
Oh electrical trouble shooting. I could not live without this tester. Both do the same thing. The left one is in my portable tool box and the right I keep at the airport. It helped me to troubleshoot a nose landing gear problem on a retractable geared airplane. I had a stuck on starter on my tractor I had to disconnect the battery to stop the starter. Using this tool I traced it to worn insulation on a wire in the stater circuit. Easy fix and in both cases I worked solo. Neat tool.

OK so can you tell us how it works and also a circuit diagram so that if I can use the idea I can make my own. Thanks

/ Show What Tool You Made* #530  

Continuity tester, or signal injector type (Fox/Hound) ?

Rgds, D.