Shredder Vacs... Good, Bad or Ugly???

/ Shredder Vacs... Good, Bad or Ugly???
And there's enough of 'those' neighbors out there who see it as their civic duty to turn you in.
CalTrans was doing a big median fuel load reduction in the area and I noticed gas trimmers… it was then I learned governmental entities are not subject to the same restrictions on state and Federal land…

/ Shredder Vacs... Good, Bad or Ugly??? #13  
Meanwhile, downtown San Francisco.......

/ Shredder Vacs... Good, Bad or Ugly??? #14  
I have a dozen 60watt incandescent bulbs still in the original packaging from at least 10 years ago. Contraband 😎

/ Shredder Vacs... Good, Bad or Ugly??? #15  
I have a dozen 60watt incandescent bulbs still in the original packaging from at least 10 years ago. Contraband 😎
You realize that by admitting that you just got yourself on a "list"... expect the black helicopters to be flying over tomorrow. ;)

/ Shredder Vacs... Good, Bad or Ugly??? #16  
It seems to me that the shredder/bagger units that you are considering sure would not be worth buying because they wouldn't hold much bag volume. In such small volumes a small plain old rake and ones' hands plus a plastic bag would be as effective ... Maybe not???

Cheers,
Mike

/ Shredder Vacs... Good, Bad or Ugly??? #17  
I tried a handheld shredder vac some years ago, and the bag volume and power was totally inadequate for even a small amount of leaves. I use a regular blower to get leaves out in the open, then mulch them with my mower.

/ Shredder Vacs... Good, Bad or Ugly??? #18  
I tried a handheld shredder vac some years ago, and the bag volume and power was totally inadequate for even a small amount of leaves. I use a regular blower to get leaves out in the open, then mulch them with my mower.
I found both-and works here. There are spots where the vacuum function is the only way to get things out without damaging landscaping. Your way is also very useful, especially for higher volume. The nice thing about the blower vac combos is they don't cost much more than a blower alone and are more versatile.

It's a rocked area with lots of cactus and too tight for a regular rake and no front lawn to blow oak leaves too...

Part of the drought tolerant CA landscape...

I tried to rent but none in the rental yards... mower shop seldom sells one.

/ Shredder Vacs... Good, Bad or Ugly??? #20  
I would be interested to know what the city/county or state crews use if not gas powered.