Sizing a jack and jack stands

/ Sizing a jack and jack stands #31  
   / Sizing a jack and jack stands #32  
A good stand is always "good" due to integrity of its base.. A bad one will fold up as soon as it goes off kilter

Think of a hot day, a point loaded stand base and asphault. Or a gravel driveway! The stand don't fold; the base it's sitting on fails and ensuing lateral forces may make things happen!

/ Sizing a jack and jack stands #33  
Think of a hot day, a point loaded stand base and asphault. Or a gravel driveway! The stand don't fold; the base it's sitting on fails and ensuing lateral forces may make things happen!
Yeah. But the good stand has a stronger base construction and it doesnt deform as readily. You get more warning ... and, probably, a stand that you can reuse.
larry

/ Sizing a jack and jack stands #34  
Yeah. But the good stand has a stronger base construction and it doesnt deform as readily. You get more warning ... and, probably, a stand that you can reuse.
larry

Really.
Ever think of the base below the base?
Never mentioned anything about the stand itself failing did I?

/ Sizing a jack and jack stands #35  
A good stand is always "good" due to integrity of its base.. A bad one will fold up as soon as it goes off kilter

larry

Really.
Ever think of the base below the base?
Never mentioned anything about the stand itself failing did I?
Yes. No.

/ Sizing a jack and jack stands #36  
On the 3 ton jackstands and Harbor Freight, I have found their aluminum 3 ton jackstands to be really first class. The steel ones look sort of "iffy" OK while the aluminum ones look to be much better quality.